Ieva Auzina on Mon, 14 May 2001 14:55:22 +0300

Syndicate: Poetic Video Festival

Dear Syndicalists,

In September 15, 2001 in Riga
a group of young Russian poets,
who, in trying to overcome canons of poetry and literature
experiment with spoken text and multimedia,
will organize Poetic Video festival: WORD in MOTION.

Please distribute this information to interested parties!

Greetings from Riga, Latvia
and New Media Culture Centre RIXC!

			C A L L   F O R   E N T R I E S !!!!!

			POETIC VIDEO FESTIVAL: WORD IN MOTION

			Riga, September 15, 2001
			August 15, 2001 - deadline for submissions

While cinematography has been always closer to the literary genre of novel,
video art has been created as a "visual poetry", with paradoxicality and
laconicism in its expression, that is peculiar to the poetic form. The
Poetic Video Festival organizers decided to concentrate on this
characteristic of video art and collect works, scattered about in time and
place, that are created in video-poem genre, combining video and poetic
texts, where word and image are interchangeable. Video screenings of the
Poetic Video Festival will be presented at the Kinogalerija, September 15.
The Poetic Video Festival is organised by ORBITA (www.orbita.lv) - group of
writers, who experiment with spoken and written text. The closing event of
this festival in the European Cultural Month club will include interjamming
by not only poets, but also VJs and musicians.

PARTICIPANTS

To participate in the festival please submit your work (no longer than 16
minutes) by August 15th. The work's visual and conceptual content must be
based on poetic text. Also include a completed Festival's participation
form, as well as the poetic text utilized in original language (a
translation in Latvian, Russian or English will be appreciated).

VIDEOSELECTION

The best works selected by the jury will be included in the video selection
Word in Motion. The selection will be sent to periodicals that reflect
contemporary art and literature processes, as well as video festival
organizations and video galleries.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE?.
Please send a copy of your work and participant questionnaire to:

Poetic Video Festival
Sergej Timofejev
PO Box 89
Riga, LV-1010
Latvia
(Phone: +371 6556665; + 371 7213113)
e-mail: st@riga2001.lv

FORMAT:
the work should be recorded on Betacam, VHS, super VHS videocassettes,
digital cassettes or CD-ROMs.

SYNOPSIS:
Upon the decision made by the jury your work will be included in the
program of the festival and shown during three performances of the festival
in Riga. The work also could be selected for being recorded on the
videocassette "Word in Motion"  (300 copies). Authors, whose works will be
included in the video collection will be sent a copy till the end of 2001.
The works submitted to the Festivals will not be returned.

Poetic Video Festival "Word in Motion"
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR PARTICIPANTS
Riga, 2001

Please note, that the main demand for the work submitted is:
in your film a poetic text should be used as an imaginary or narrative
component of the film!

Title of the film:

Poetic text, lying on the basis of the film (title, author):

Director:

Script writer:

Country:

Format:

Film length:

Year of creation:

Additional information of the film and comments (producer, studio,
participants, music, where the film was shown, participation in festivals,
etc.):

Additional information about the director: