Friddy Nietzche on Mon, 7 May 2001 01:37:47 +0700

Syndicate: RAWW final results>>

In May the month of 2001 the year;I,the Prime Minister
of the Secret Force (in sublime ways related to that of
Gravity), and the jury of my Peers that have been working
hard to put together the virtual festival of sublime mischief
known as RAWW that is so sublime it twice in an Aeon is
allowed to swirl on the borders on non-happening; consisting of
Blind Princess (USA), d.d. (Finland/Uraniu), 3 year old Picasso
clone (Iran), a trained puddle (Mozambique), Princess Gishkah
(Russia), Knight Ctrl (Undisclosed), The President of Another
Area (Another Area), Mrs Shift (Israel), Compozzer (NYC),
Representative of the Acclaimed Urania Crew (Abzulbanistan)::
Poor Hungry Poet With Personality Disorders (one of those East
European countries). They were duely awarded for partecipating,
lowest paid being the Eastern European collegue, for the Organisation
didn't want to offend him by making it seam like he's in any
need of funds;
The jury decided to distinguish seven works. The screening has shown a wide
variety of approaches, clearly designed to be viewed in an equally wide
variety of presentation contexts, ranging from traditional video screenings
to installations, CD-ROMs with online connections, and works created
specifically for club culture settings. The Poor Hungry Poet With Personality Disorders whose name we are, due to bad drugs, unable to remember at the moment,(note to other members of the organisation team who have due to same farmaseutikal issue dissapeared somewhere not to far from Bali... or Belgium.. one of those B countries : get your sorry asses back and find another dealer! and I don't care if that stupid guy is family of family, burgoise lat kitjen!)... Anyway, The Poor Hungry Poet With Personality Disorders whose name we are, due to bad drugs, unable to remember at the moment, requested to build a paper tea house for his scrn-ing because he is such a subtle bastard, would you believe it... Huh, anyway, we provided the material but he didn't show up so we scrnd his stupid video in the basement closet.
Due to such expiriences and given the level of technical fluency that has been reached with new media tools, in the future we are looking forward to seeing works with a sharper critical edge.

The first two prizes, ex aequo, go in alphabetical order to. Award: a blank cheque (we didn't want to offend the winners by awarding them too small a summ of money, so we let them awards themselves infinitely).

- Boy Wonder, The Messiah (So cool he doesn't associate a country with his name for under a million pounds;)
For original and multilayered interpretation of motives and behaviors
in sublime astral swirls of beautiful non existance and media culture too; for effective use of simple sound and video techniques to build a novel dramatic structure. And for being a genius. And for the life long achievements in maintaining a hairdo.
- Princess Zero, Geisha (Israel,New York)
For a highly poetic evocation and virtuoso integration of image and sound, control of world through submissive wisdom, and occasional achievements in maintaining a hairdo. Above all, for a very precise impression of a pseudo Geisha.

The second prize goes to.
(Award: a house in Bali)

- Frequent Flier, Gemini (Old Part of the Town)
For artistically interesting portrayal of ambivalent identity; carelessness, not talking too much, for an original recreation of white color in 17 radically different shapes, for original tools.

The third prize goes to :
(Award: a cooler and super silveroid pre processor cooling creams made of engineered materials, value, roughly, a million of... one of those respectable currencies).

The Minister of Absent Colors (Austria)
The Boy (Israel, New York)
For meditative and precise deconstruction of contemporary machine interfaces. For maintaining the driver setup of the Universe in Sammurai like manner.

Special mentions were awarded to:
- Secret Services, for staying quiet while we gave all awards to our friends and family.
- True Type Refractor, for simplicity and clarity of vision, for a creative take on game aesthetics.
- Mr. Joshua Bauer (UK-Netherlands), for using a simple editing technique to build a surprisingly sophisticated intrigue; for witty comment on cinematographic narrative structure.