Inke Arns on Tue, 01 May 2001 20:02:18 +0200

Syndicate: Re: WRO message to the list is blocked

Dear Piotr,

Zitiere WRO 01 <wro@wro.getin.pl>:

> dear administrator,
>
> can you inform me why the post with WRO 01 program we sent last friday
> is
> still not on the list,
> what is the reason the message from the list member is blocked?

WRO BLOCKED? CENSORED? ERASED?

Oh, do I hear that sweet tone of suspicion in your question? You are
suggesting that there is somebody censoring the list? C'mon, the list is
open and uncensored. If, however, you are posting from an account that is
not subscribed to the Syndicate mailing list, it will bounce immediately
(you should know which of your accounts is subscribed to the mailing list
though). I am tired of having to repeat this over and over again, to tell
you the truth.

There are three Syndicate administrators, Andreas Broeckmann, Chris Byrne
and myself. I have been in hospital the last week, and had hoped that the
other admins would take care of the forwarding task.

ANYWAY, if you are sending stuff from an account that is not subscribed to
the list nobody can guarantee that it will reach the list in time! We are
(at least I am) spending some considerable amount of our free time to keep
the Syndicate list up and running, and it is most tiring having to deal
with expectations from people who expect a business like service from a
mailing list like Syndicate.

Sincerely,
and good luck for the festival,

Inke Arns