integer on Thu, 29 Mar 2001 04:15:52 +0200 (CEST)

Syndicate: Alexei Shulgin kontra +?

In some art sites pop-up windows fill the screen faster than you can click them closed, until your computer runs out of memory and shuts down. Examples include Alexei Shulgin s  This morning,  on easylife.org, in which windows pop up announcing  I want to eat , I want to smoke,   I want to fuck,   All at Once! , faster than we can click them shut.

nn.z grandmotherz za!z - Alexei Shulgin = 01 ost europa degenerat++
nn zm!lz + makez planz 4 her + 01 addtl 60 !ear old ozt europa l!f 4rm
2 atend d!g!tal != analog.

01 u!l u!sh 2 ta!k fotoz ov Alexei Shulgin be!ng chazed b! dze prev. generaz!e
dreszd !n trad!z!onl koztumez. !ez pl!!!!!!z.

Here the commercial form of the pop-up window is rendered useless and even dangerous, draining our computers  memory reserves to the point of shutdown unless we reject all these virtual kisses by quitting the program.
These sites critique the commercialization of the web in a formal manner, by making  inappropriate  uses of commercial software. But the more radical critique lies in making software available to other users. Here m9ndfukc, for example, reveals its commercial stripes on a deeply imbedded sales page, kagi.com, in which its proprietary software is for sale in U.S. dollar amounts prohibitive to many non-commercial users."

! kannot b bodzrd

-

Netochka Nezvanova     - rich.bored.edukated.
f3.MASCHIN3NKUNST
@www.eusocial.com
17.hzV.tRL.478

                                                     |  +----------
                                                    |  |     <
                                   \\----------------+  |  n2t
                                                       |       >

    /_/
                          /
             \            \/       i should like to be a human plant
                    __/
                                   i will shed leaves in the shade
        \_\                        because i like stepping on bugs

 Netochka Nezvanova                   nezvanova@eusocial.com
 Stichting STEIM                    http://www.eusocial.com
 Achtergracht 19                  http://www.biohakc.com
 1017 WL Amsterdam              http://www.ggttctttat.com/!