Kalina Bunevska Isakovska on Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:11:11 +0100

Syndicate: Fw: Protest to the continuing misrepresentation on the events in Macedonia by the BBC! (fwd)

 From:    "Iskra  Dimitrova " <dimitrova@vifu.de>
Please forward this message to your friends and the following addresses:
newsonline@bbc.co.uk,
newsonline.complaints@bbc.co.uk,

Dear Sir/Madame,

In respect to the BBC's coverage of events in Macedonia, I am writing the following
protest:
- The continuing misrepresentation on the events in Macedonia by the BBC:
on Macedonia's Albanian grievances by Paulin Kola
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_1224000/1224776.stm= #top)

Dear Ms. Paulin Kola,
 When you are busy with figures it would be nice to look at the map of
the territory of Republic of Macedonia. For your information most
detailed maps have symbols that are marking mosques and churches. If you
are at least little bit careful you will simply find out the
approximately proportion among Muslim and Christian population in
Macedonia. Beside that not all of the Muslim population is Albanian
ethnic but there are Macedonians, Turks, and Romas population with
Muslim religion. As well the population with Christian religion is
consisted not only by Macedonians, but other ethnic groups. So, if
anyone has some intelligence would understand that the figure of 40% is
not realistic, because in that case ethnic Macedonians are minority in
their own country and it is a wonder how they are on power. So much for
the mathematics!
=20
Jobs
When you are analyzing the disproportion of a workforce there are
another facts that should be mentioned by your side. Many of the ethnic
Albanians are working not registered and avoid paying tax to the state.
The city of Tetovo as you say: "with an overwhelming Albanian majority",
that is the second biggest city in Macedonia pays less taxies the other
much more smaller cities in this country. For your information a huge
number of the young ethnic population is working illegally abroad in
Western Europe involved in selling drugs, weapons and prostitution.
Parts of the money from these criminal activities are for supporting the
terrorist that you are calling rebels. Many of this young people says
that they do not want to accept "normal" job for 100 pounds per month
like the other working population earns.
If you still do not have a clear picture when you are visiting Tetovo
compare the proportion in size between huge houses surrounded with big
wall around the yards (traditional way of building of ethnic Albanians)
and the rest of the houses without walls. Please tell me after that who
should be frustrated.

Education
This country is trying to provide better education for every one. Every =
ethnic group has primary education on it's own language. There is =
secondary education as well on Albanian and Serbian language for the =
minorities. The Albanians has as well on some faculty's subjects that =
they can study on their own language and soon the private university on =
Albanian language should be open. For the state with week economy like =
Macedonia is it difficult to have more state universities. This question =
can be solved and no one has anything against it. Is it normal too kill =
other people just because anyone wants "education in their mother =
tongue"?
=20
Constitutional Positions
The change of constitution if it is a problem should be done in the =
mountains with weapon or in the parliament? If the ethnic Albanian =
population is not satisfied with their own political representatives =
they should demand for new elections and elect another ones. They =
certainly do not need "liberators" from Kosovo. Again, I will tell there =
are no rebels but terrorist and criminals provoking innocent peoples.
And please tell me more about democracy "operate on the basis of mutual =
understanding and consensus".
=20
Why war?
Yes dear Paulin, way war? Are you trying to add oil on fire? Did the =
terrorists pay you for propaganda? How did you became such a good =
analyst?
=20
'Great Albania'
 SUPPORT THEM AND JUST WAIT FOR IT!

Excusme, my English is not my "mother tongue".=20

Regards,
Zio

Kalina Bunevska Isakovska
Visual Arts Program Coordinator
CAC - Skopje, Macedonia
Address: Orce Nikolov 109, 1000 Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
tel./fax: ++389.91/133-541; 214-495
e-mail: kalina@scca.org.mk
http://www.scca.org.mk