Syndicate admin on Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:17:51 +0100 (CET)

Syndicate: cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:10:27 +1300
Subject: cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo
From: Cuckoo <cuckoo@cuckoo.org.nz>

----------------------------------

              CUCKOO

----------------------------------

Cuckoo is an ongoing itinerant project working gratis with artists and the
contemporary art community. (In other words we put on shows in other people?
galleries.)

Our first installment is at the former Archill Gallery in Auckland, Aotearoa
(before the Moving Image Centre? programme opens there in February), corner
Great North Rd and Elgin St, Grey Lynn.

The fourth of four projects this summer there will be, from 6pm:

----------------------------------

A sound performance organised by Joyoti Wylie, with Zoe Drayton, Jeffrey
Holdaway, Clinton Watkins, Lauren Winstone and Joyoti Wylie accompanied by the
inaugural Cuckoo Performance Night feat. Emma Bugden, Emma Bugden & Julaine
Stephenson, and Gayrilla!

Then we will be taking the bus to the Anna Bibby Gallery for the 9pm opening of
a special Cuckoo museum show hosting les objets de Bad Al and David Clegg.

The Anna Bibby show (and the second of the two shows there) will be open from
11am-5pm on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday following the opening. The Anna
Bibby Gallery is on Kitchener Street by the corner of Victoria Street in the
city. All Cuckoo openings are BYO.