Perry Bard on Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:16:59 -0500

Syndicate: THE SUPREME'S COURT AND THE LOST BALLOTS

			COUNT IT OH-OHVER!

		THE SUPREME's COURT & THE LOST BALLOTS
		     featuring THE DIMPLED CHADS
			A STREET PERFORMANCE

Meeting at Federal Plaza, New York City Friday January 19, 2001 assembling at
11:45 at Federal Plaza (exact location below*) and beginning at 12:00 moving
past City Hall to the Federal Building and New York Stock Exchange for one
hour. COMPLETELY LEGAL, WITH PERMITS!

Continuing in Washington, D.C.: Saturday, January 20

		A CORRUPT ELECTION = A CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION

We must not allow the 2000 Presidential Election to be stolen!  We need your
voice and your body to help us register our opposition to the perversion of
the democratic process.  We are planning to send a strong and positive message
by partading dressed as judges and the lost ballots. Our intention is to
walk in costume (costume details below**) from Federal Plaza to the Federal
Building carrying large ballots and distributing lyrics. We will be singing
a rewrite of "Stop in the Name of Love" by the Supremes.  The refrain:
(please learn it now!)
		Stop in the name of Law
		You've pulled a coup d'etat
		Count it oh-ohver

    AMERICA MUST LIVE UP TO ITS PROMISE OF FREEDOM AND EQUALITY FOR ALL.

Of 45,000 undercounted votes in Florida, the vast majority came from
African-American districts.  This is an OUTRAGE!

bushwhacking.net is a network and forum for the development of creative
presidential election.  The website, which is currently only partially
developed, will allow citizens from across the country to share ideas and
coordinate activities.

*DIRECTIONS
St. Andrew's Plaza is east of Centre Street where Reade and Duane Street end
and where Lafayette Street begins, between the City Hall and the Federal Court
building.  Subways: 4-5-6/J-M Brooklyn Bridge/Chamber St. Station; N-R City
Hall; 1-2-3-9 Chambers Street Station.

**COSTUMES
Ballots will be wearing white paper jumpsuits available at all Janovic
Plaza Paint stores for $7.99. Judges will be wearing robes and wigs. If you
prefer to come as a judge email one of the addresses below.

Perry Bard minx@bway.net,Jim Costanzo costanzo@thing.net, Peggy Ahwesh,
Etienne Baxter, Josely Carvalho, Linda Cunningham, Daniella Dooling,
Patrick Doyle
Su Friedrich, Mathhew Gaddis,Janet Henry, Tom Klem, Peter Lasch, Jonathan
Lipkin
Ardele Lister, Margot Lovejoy, Les leveque, Katherine Schmidt, Shelly Silver
Richard Sullivan, Elma Vrana, Alexandra Zevin