Rasa Smite on Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:33:15 +0300

Syndicate: CALL for texts for New Acoustic.Space issue!

dear syndicalists,

i would like to announce that right now - in september - we (e-lab) are
starting to work on new Acoustic.Space-3 issue.

DEADLINE FOR TEXTS, INFOS, PICTURES, LINKS, SOUNDS - SEPTEMBER 30, 2000
THE FINAL EDITING SHOULD BE DONE ON OCTOBER 10, 2000
(you are very welcome to send texts either directly the xchange list or to
rasa@parks.lv, pictures and attachments to rasa@parks.lv)

we plan to finish lay-out until the Net.Congestion festival (6-8 october),
after it, we will add the last fresh materials and pics (from the event),
and on the second half of october it should go to print - to be ready for
the DEAF/Rotterdam festival, beginning of November

(eventual) content for Acoustic.Space-3:

* texts, articles

* radio & streaming media events - overviews (1999-2000):
- art+communication4 festival / riga
- free speech camp / linz
- net.congestion straming media festival / amsterdam
- live-stock / stockton, uk.
- others ...

* net.radio => web-tv => streaming media = ? (1999-2000)
- (new) projects, new initatives (OMA, radio jeleni/prag, Superchannel,
etc.), projects, experiments...

* DIY streaming media
- practical introduction (to streaming media technologies and tools,
encoding sounds and video formats, etc.), net.radio workshops, lecture
transcripts, etc.

* Acoustic Space for InterCultural Jamming
- brief overviews about new media, networking and cultural exchange
initiatives in baltic-nordic region (NICE network,etc.), mediterranean
region, in US and Canada (aboriginal radio,etc.), in asia and latin
amerika, australia and other places - (individuals, groups, networks,
projects...)

* streaming media links:
(send to rachel@irational.org and cc: raitis@re-lab.net)

+ TM Selector (new streaming media links overview) will be attached

looking forward to recieve the texts from you soon -

best,
rasa

information&comunication channel | for net.broadcasters
http://xchange.re-lab.net  (Xchange)  net.audio network
xchange search/webarchive: http://xchange.re-lab.net/a/