Joseph Nechvatal on Fri, 18 Feb 2000 18:40:08 GMT

Syndicate: action @ Austrian Consulate in New York

A call for action in front of the Austrian Consulate in New York from:
Wolfgang Staehle <spektr@THING.NET>

Join the nyc demonstration
Saturday, February 19, 2000 @ 11 AM
In front of Austrian Consulate in  New York
31 E. 69th Street (btw Madison and Park)

Two weeks ago, a new coalition was formed in Austria between the
conservative People's Party and the extremist, populist, right wing
Freedom Party. On Saturday, February 19th, there will be large-scale
demonstrations  in Austria and all over Europe, opposing the new government
and the rise of the right. We, an open group of concerned artists, cultural
workers and friends living in the NY area, declare our solidarity and will
stage a peaceful protest in front of the Austrian Consulate in New York. We
believe Mr. Schuessel and Mr. Haider cannot be trusted
This demonstration will be the first in a series of events in response
to the new developments in Austria.

re_austria@thing.net
www.thing.net/~re_austria

                                                             .d88b.