Arthur Bueno on Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:26:12 +0100

Re: Syndicate: Netart: Call for Entries 4th Werkleitz

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:17:19 +0100
From: "www.vuk.org" <vuk@ljudmila.org>
Subject: Re: Syndicate: Netart: Call for Entries 4th Werkleitz

ho

> Well, would you prefer if there wouldn't be any honorarium for the
> exhibiting artist as it is the case in lot of shows and festivals with a
> much bigger budget? The Werkleitz Biennale is a rather low-budget event
> that still tries to supply some of the funding to all of the
> participating artists. What's so cheap about that?
Didn't quite follow - is this the festival where you have to become part
of kulturserver to participate, and then you have to upload your work on
the festival server and then if you win you get a prize? I would ad one
more provocative challenge that would deffinitively attract the most
transgressive art experimentators of today -- what if you would also
offer a lottery where the lucky net.artist would win a
Kulturserver/Werkleitz t_shirt, mousepad and a mug? Now wouldn't that be
cool?

In Canada they have an art prize given by PetroCanada, and the winners
portrait hangs in every gas station in the country for the whole year.

bingo