Andreas Broeckmann on Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:14:10 +0200

Syndicate: Command N 2000

[the message below is from Chiaki Sakaguchi, one of the people from command
n in tokyo; it's an interesting project and a good group of people to know
about if you ever happen to go to tokyo. -a]

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 02:01:36 +0900
From: chiaki sakaguchi <chiaki-s@ga2.so-net.ne.jp>

Hello, I hope you enjoy happy holiday season.
This is an announcement from command N.

As the contract of this place has finished, command N -Tokyo's
independant art space decided to close our activity in this space, and
will start new command N from 2000. It is not an ending, but many change
are happening. New members, new projects. We will command a key of "NEW"
again.

For a few months, we won't fix the place and will move about Tokyo (you
could say Parasites..) As the first project in 2000, we will have an
exhibition of command N. This will never be like a summer show at the
commercial galleries to show collective works. The office of command N
will temporary move into the gallery space and work so that people can
meet us and see how the command N is going on. (maybe we will be working
for the second Akihabara TV) Some events will happen at this time,
powwows, weekend bar, so please feel free to pop in.

>From next command N, we will put more emphasis on the networking rather
than the space - some projects have already started in cooperation with
with local & overseas people.
Thank you very much for your kind cooperation to us so far, and it would
be so appreciative if you would keep your eyes on command N activities
and keep in touch with us.

With best wishes for your 2000!

command N
Masato Nakamura
Chiaki sakaguchi
Shingo Suzuki
Hiroko Seki
Noriko Iida
Nami Aizawa
Meoung-eun Shin

!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. It's already nothing at command N previous space. So please do not
tell your friends to visit there, or they would get lost!
2. Phone number has changed: (temporary untill 19th of Febryary)
new number of command N :
tel. 81-3-5834-1577 / Fax:03-5834-1578
 (except 12/29 - 1/10, for a new year holiday)

command N exhibition:

Date: January 21th (Fri) - February 19 (Sat) 2000
open 1 pm - 7 pm (Tuesday to Saturday)
Place : SCAI THE BATHHOUSE
	Kashiwayu-ato, 6-1-23, Yanaka, Taito-ku Tokyo
7 min. walk from JR Nippori Station
10 min. walk from gate 1, Nezu station on Chiyoda line.

Special presentations will also be shown at the gallery;
-documentation of our activity
-presentation of our projects on 2000 (Akihabara TV 2000, Sukima project
etc....)
-command N/cube (our gallery space)
-powwow/20 Guest: A activity

Opening party : January 21th (Fri) 6-8 pm

powwow/20
Guest: A activity
date: February 12th (sat) 6-8pm
								fee: 2000
yen(drink +food付)

"A activity" is a trans cultural network group consist of architechts,
designers and  photographers etc. Their activity is known by the
magazine "A", a seasonal magazine featuring the various topics about
cities and living with architechtual & cultural point of view.  They
also organize a party called "A@home" regulary, in which they visit the
guest's place and have a party with talks. As we both recognised some
sort of similarity between our activities, we decided to put together
"powwow" - command N's regular table talk, and "A@home". We will be a
guest to each other, command N invites A activity and A activity invites
command N. The talk will be about our presentations and possibitlities
of living in Tokyo with more fun.

p.s.  Akihabara TV 2000 will be at the end of March for 2 weeks.
Doesn't it sound a good chance to arrange a trip to Tokyo?