Johan Kotlinski on Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:35:01 +0100 (CET)

[rohrpost] re: bootlab usf.

> nochmals 8bit code: die resultate der floppy competition sind seit heute
> auf...
>
> http://c64.ch/demos/show.asp?order=latest&letter=null&date=08.01.2001
>
> ...und ganz beeindruckend.

I was there :)  I have to say, the Swedish C64 scene is probably better than
ever, or at least better than it has been during the last 10 years. For a
long time, the scene was very scattered and half-hearted. But since 1998, we
had the luxury of two annual dedicated C64/8-bit parties, with a steady
crowd following from event to event. And now finally the scene has regained
its belief in itself, and a feeling that the people involved are actually
doing something worth-while... So the quality and width of entries are of a
totally different level now than for just a few years ago. I was also
surprised to hear the news that Graham/Crest just managed to pull off 16
brand new, pure (!), colors of the C64 palette - probably the most insane
timing stunt pulled off so far. It is strange to hear about such a fresh
technical breakthrough on a 20 year old machine.

I never programmed the C64 myself except for Basic, but I think I am picking
it up now...

Btw, sorry for the English. My German isn't up to par atm...

Johan
http://www.bleepstreet.tk