timo.linsenmaier on Sun, 30 Dec 2001 11:17:17 +0100 (CET)

[rohrpost] SHIFT 062 UPDATE JAN. 2002

   S H I F T 0 6 2    U P D A T E    J A N U A R Y   2 0 0 2
   http://www.shift.jp.org/062/

   A HAPPY NEW YEAR!  WITH BEST WISHES, SHIFT.

   C O N T E N T S

   I N T E R V I E W   W I T H   2 4 H R

   The cover of this month was designed by 24HR based in
   Sweden. They have been expanding thier field in websites,
   games, graphics, music videos and TV advertisements since
   1996. They are very proud of receiving Excellrny Swedish
   Design Award in this year. Keep your eyes on them!

   E D I T O R S   B E S T 5

   The collaborated gallery 'BIN' with Abahouse, contributing to
   'Web Designing magazine', the art banner project 'Mind the
   Banner'... we could carry out many projects in this year. Also,
   the gallery cafe 'SOSO' has opened produced by Shift and we
   could make rapid progress to shift the real world. We owe our
   seccess in all projects entirely to all readers. Thank you very
   much indeed. In this new year issue, we would like to look
   back the year 2001 with our staff's commnents.

   A M 7

   The Faculty for Communication Design of the State Academy
   of Art and Design in Stuttgart, Germany has recently
   published the seventh edition of it's journal "Academic
   Announcements 7". This issues' topic is all about
   "communication". Nevertheless, the authors have taken a wide
   angle to look at different aspects of communication.
   Moreover, the magazine comes with a big poster and some
   sticker sheets, emphasising on other aspects of
   communication. We spoke to Daniel Fritz and Maik Stapelberg,
   the magazine's editors.

   S M I L E   P O S T C A R D   P R O J E C T   2 0 0 2

   Change something together, make a difference even if it is a
   little difference. It is called "Smile Postcard Project 2002".
   Thirty-five artists from all over the world, such as Japan,
   Canada, France and Singapore, provided their works. Those
   works are going to be sold as a set of postcards and 80% of
   profits will be donated to volunteer organisations such as
   UNICEF and Red Cross Society. Even it is hard to contribute to
   volunteer activities directly, there will be somebody who
   smiles by the postcards you buy. Join this heartful project.

   G O   B A C K  2 D

   3D has become the mainstream in media world now. Do you
   remember the true value of 2D? You will find the answer of
   this in an exhibition which will be held next supring in
   London. It is called "Go Back 2D". This exhibition is going to
   be held in Global Cafe, located in front of Golden Square
   which is known as the most beautiful square in London. The
   artists, who are goiong to participate in, are: Pete Fowler,
   Matt Sewell, Imai Toonz, Baku, Tak and Shin.

   G A S D V D 2

   GasDVD2 was released on November 22th. It focuses on the
   visual works that have been included in the past Gasbook
   series and recompiles them into a DVD. This is the second
   edition of the DVD series. It features the works of 10 artists
   - Tomato, tDR, H5, Katsuki Tanaka, Alex & Martin, Runwrake,
   Namaiki, Why Not Associates, Skot and Power Graphixx. The
   catalogue, package design and art direction was done by
   Hideki Inaba as well as the first edition.

   D E S I G N   I N D A B A

   From February 27th to March 1st, 2002 the 5th International
   Design Indaba takes place in Cape Town. Since seven years,
   the International Design Indaba has grown to become a major
   event on the global design calendar. The fifth, now as long as
   3 days, will be the biggest yet. The underlying theme for this
   conference has always been: Design In The Service Of
   Communication.

   W W W H A T   A W A R D

   One year after the last Macromedia web contest was
   launched, now the time has come to subscribe to the 01/02
   event. This years' award is again organized by IdN. If you live
   in the Asia-Pacific region this is the chance to show your
   work and get international attention. The contest surely is
   going to show lots of interesting new web projects, so that
   the world will get an impression of contemporary asian
   pacific web design. The competition will be closed on 31
   January 2002.

   A R T  G A L L E R Y  B I N

   This month, new gallery space 'BIN' has launched on cooperation
   with Abahouse International. BIN is a showcase and repository
   for artworks in the digital era. It is intended as a place for
   artists to exhibit and archive their digital artworks. Future plans
   include compiling contributed artworks on CD-ROM and in printed
   catalogues and mounting exhibitions in galleries worldwide.
   Eidetic Memory by Rick Mullarky, lives in Berlin is featured
   this month. .

   T O K Y O   C U T I E   G I R L S

   Featuring street fashion photos in ever changing Tokyo. One
   of the popular features, 'Tokyo Cutie Girls' returns!

   I N F O - W O R L D  0 5 2

   What's happening around borderground? Correspondents for
   Shift dwelling on the edge of the world contribute monthly to
   Info-World. Shift presents your direct source from the
   borderground culture of the world.

   G R E E T I N G   C A R D

   Brand new greeting cards designed by Saas Fee are ready for
   you. This service is designed to give you the possibility of
   creating a personal greeting page on the internet for any
   special person you like. Please give it a try!

   S E A R C H

   Now you can search any contents within Shift through Google.
   Where's that article? Where's the information you're looking
   for? Try it now!

   P R E S E N T

   2002 calender from Norwegian design studio, Subtopia which
   produces designs of CD jackets and magazines, fonts and
   illustrations. Present for five people by lottery. The deadline
   is the 31st of January.

   For further information regarding advertisement,
   please inquire at ad@shift.jp.org

   Also please visit our advertising sites at:

   http://www.coroflot.com
   http://www.deepfry.com
   http://www.impossiblemedia.co.uk

   DIESEL - STAY YOUNG
   http://www.shift.jp.org/ad/ad.cgi?ID=60005&JP=1

http://www.gmx.net

rohrpost - deutschsprachige Liste fuer Medien- und Netzkultur
Archiv: http://www.nettime.org/rohrpost Info: http://www.mikro.org/rohrpost
Ent/Subskribieren: http://post.openoffice.de