Reinhold Grether on 27 Jul 2000 17:46:02 -0000

[rohrpost] letzte Kolumne von arts@large

Vielen auf der Liste duerfte die seit Januar 1996 in "Cybertimes"
erscheinende Kolumne Matt Mirapauls arts@large vertraut sein.
Viereinhalb Jahre lang erhielt man unvergleichliche Einblicke
in aktuelle Produktionen der Medien- und Netzkunst. Heute
ist, man liest es mit Bestuerzung, die letzte dieser Kolumnen
erschienen. Unter dem Titel "Pushing Hypertext in New
Directions" diskutiert Mirapaul Judd Morrisseys "The Jew's
Daughter" http://www.thejewsdaughter.com/ und Isabel Changs
"aspergillum gently" http://doxa.net/168/

Mirapaul schliesst seine Kolumne mit den Worten:
"The future does not lie ahead for "arts@large," though.
This is the final column in a series that began with the
launch of The New York Times on the Web in January
1996. Although I hope to continue writing about the
Internet for the Times, I wanted to devote a few
appreciative bytes to my CyberTimes editors, who allowed
me to pursue my own muse while documenting the birth
of a new medium. I'm also grateful to the artists and
curators who were unfailingly generous with their time and
insights as I researched each article. But most of all, I must
thank the digital artists, hypertext authors, electronic
musicians, digital filmmakers, multimedia animators, Web
designers and innovative programmers who week after
week -- even during the summer doldrums -- inspired me
to write about their creative endeavors for CyberTimes'
readers."
http://www.nytimes.com/library/tech/00/07/cyber/artsatlarge/27artsatlarge.html