Sarah Cook on Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:19:33 +0200 (CEST)

[oldboys] letter to the Walker Art Center re Steve Dietz and New Media

Dear all,

Thanks again for your continued interest in the state of new media art
programming at the Walker Art Center. As you may be aware, in May I
posted an open letter to Walker's director Kathy Halbreich concerning
the dismissal of new media curator Steve Dietz and the Walker's
decision to cease curating new media art projects. In 7 days it
acquired 700 signatures. In June we posted the reply we received from
Kathy Halbreich.  We have now put online a response to this exchange
from Steve Dietz.

Once again the url is: http://www.mteww.com/walker_letter/index.shtml

I would appreciate it if you could forward this link to anyone you
think would be interested, and if you are a member of the press that
you consider investigating and reporting on this story further.

As ever,
Sarah Cook

*********
Sarah Cook, curator and co-editor
CRUMB: The Curatorial Resource for Upstart Media Bliss
www.newmedia.sunderland.ac.uk/crumb
www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/new-media-curating.html