Mathilde muPe on 10 Jul 2001 12:05:19 -0000

Re: [oldboys] re:HAL JO HO HO

At 11:34 10-7-01 +0200, dsolomon wrote:

Thanks Debra for phrasing so well where I failed to respond due to lack of
time.

>recorded the introduction of the PGP code into Europe. MY INTEREST. One
>doesn't have to wait for an invitation to join in 'someone else's'
>initiative. This you know well, Connie.

Indeed one does not have to wait till formal bullshit happens (because many
geeks fail to  memorize or play formal social code). Ofcourse a little
reference of
social network always helps, specially if one does not join the tech talk.

>think its called Child of Our Time) where adults were asked to draw a
>bicycle. It seems it is possible to GENERALLY indicate someone's gender by
>the way they draw a bike.  - meaning certain trends were visible in
>drawings of bikes indicating an interest in different aspects of a

I would have loved to see that documentary. Especially with the project I'm
working on now.

>inclusion, and being included GET DOWN TO IT instead of winging. We're
>NOT where we were 20 years ago.

Yes, we are now in cyberspace. Were technic was 20 years ago despite
emancipation efforts still male dominated, with computer science a new
equal area came to existance. Step by step time learns on which aspect
average (not all) women do perform better then men and vice versa. To me I
would hope that cyber feminism keeps the door open to all computer aspects
for all women. (I don't wanna hear in ten years time that I better do
design a GUI cause I'm a women. Just like I don't like to hear that I have
to design a web site cause I'm a women). So maybe here and now is the right
moment for a Hal apetizer; UTP, ext2, nfs, 128-bit encryption, address bus
width, dual flipflop, smd, port scanning.

>Please Ladies, draw a bike.

My favorite subject;. Can I maybe see the images?
(maybe I will have some Hal tent space left for a small exhibition)

bye,

Mathilde