josephine starrs on 7 Jul 2001 05:40:12 -0000

Re: [oldboys] Feminism today

oops, sorry that last message was for connie, not the list.

I was watching this tv program on marilyn monroe's death and felt sad that
this talented, funny actress was so abused by the men in power at the
timeŠŠwe all know she was passed around by the kennedy brothers and even
the day she died bobby kennedy was at her houseŠ.Šmaybe even as she died.

ŠŠand then nicole kidman was on the news  who I guess is monroe's
equivalent in movie stardom nowŠ..Š..kidman is now the richest woman in
australia because she got half of tom's money in the divorce
settlement...Š.. she always says she is a feminist in her interviews and
she always appears to be in control of her situation. .......so it seems
feminism has done much for famous hollywood actresses.

but, personally I'd rather sit around drinking and popping pills with
marilyn than go out for a decaffeinated café latte with nicole at some
shishi establishment in double bay, sydney.

ŠŠjust some thoughts

j.