Zeljko Blace - project research & development on Mon, 3 Jul 2006 23:06:42 +0200 (CEST)

[nettime-see] Fwd: Public Record Releases New Ultra-red Album BLOK 70 (PR 2-02-006)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: dontr@earthlink.net <dontr@earthlink.net>
Date: Jul 2, 2006 12:11 AM
Subject: Public Record Releases New Ultra-red Album BLOK 70 (PR 2-02-006)

Greetings Fellow Ultra-redistas,

Our on-line archive and record label has just released the latest
Ultra-red full-length album, BLOK70. This album was the result of two
years of work following our visit to Belgrade, Serbia in the summer of
2004.

Following the initial sound investigation with Rutvica Andrijašević,
Manuela Bojadžijev, Elliot Perkins, and myself, Elliot and I along
with Pablo Garcia got working on developing compositions from sounds
recorded in Belgrade. In the fall of 2005, the original investigation
team reunited for a series of performances in Spain, Portugal and
Germany. Finally we are able to release the completed album. The
direct link is:

http://www.ultrared.org/publicrecord/archive/2-02/2-02-006/2-02-006.html

In August Public Record will release a follow-up album with remixes
from BLOK70 by five artists in the ex-Yugloslavia region as well as a
remix from Elliot and a new Ultra-red track from the original visit to
Belgrade.

Thanks to Terre Thaemlitz for the masterful webmastering on the
project and to John Tejada for the masterful audio mastering on the
album!

And special congratulations to the BLOK70 team for an awesome project:
Rutvica Andrijašević, Manuela Bojadžijev, Elliot Perkins, and Pablo
Garcia.

Feel free to download the audio MP3 tracks from the site as well as
the CD sleeve and press release. Once the remix project (titled
BLOK70:Translations) is released, I will be sending out CDR copies to
various friends in the music and art press in the hopes of generating
some publicity for the projects. Feel free to let your colleagues,
comrades and co-conspirators know that the project is available.

In solidaridad!

Dont

www.ultrared.org
www.publicrec.org