Zeljko Blace on Sun, 16 Nov 2003 07:01:38 +0100 (CET)

[nettime-see] SUBMIT to SEE ;)

Dear friends,
it is nice to see familiar emails in this big CC:
(which is very much against net-etics Mr Stamenkovic)

It took me a few days to get to this email in my
mailling-list dedicated account, but I instantlly
fealt urge to reply and discuss this offer.

Aside from usual patronising tone of mainstream media
when thay decide to "support" creative video making
(be it video art, music videos or documentries) in order
to fill programming gaps/slots that thay dont have money
to produce, SEE-TV manages to go beyond this.

It is very interesting fact you dont feal a need to
elaborate your background, to explain your legal status,
sources of income or anything else that could potentialy
give you any kind of credibility.
Your single webpage hosted by tripod (free hosting service
for web enthusiasts) is only source of information on SEE-TV.
Yet you belive that video makers should give their work to
the program for free. You mention no fees for artists as if
exsposure on experimental satelite program is good enough -
an offer that any desparate artist in SEE shouldnt refuse.

In hope no-one is BLIND to your  pruposal I hope
to SEE your program sometimes in the future, with works of
artist who are more desparate than sane.

Best wishes,
Zeljko

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, marko stamenkovic wrote:

> Dear Sir or Madam,
>

> I am writing on behalf of Mr. Milan Atanaskovic, Vice-president and Editor in Chief of a satellite TV channel for countries of South East Europe (“SEE TV Channel”). We are pleased to present the basic information on our project and invite you to take active and constituent part in it.
>

> SEE Channel is currently inviting all video artists from the SEE region (or the SEE artists living and working elsewhere) to submit their video material to the SEE Channel Office in Belgrade in order to make the South East European broadcasting video-art database. The program is intended to have an open international character and to be European oriented. The basis of the program during the experimental broadcasting will be focused on the cultural diversity of the region. The main slogan will be “Do you SEE me?" which is a pun on both the official geographical name of the region  (SEE = South East Europe) and the conditions of the view, based on the possibility of mutual communication and comprehension.
>

> We would be grateful if you could help us fulfill this mission which would enrich and benefit both the regional art network and the global image of the countries of the South East Europe. Preference is given to video works coming originally from the artists living in countries of the SEE region. Special attention will be given to works displaying contemporary visual aspects, as well as to non-commercial works. Short films, documentaries, video art, video clips, and musical programs / concerts will be a part of the scheme during the experimental stage. The materials selected would be transmitted and repeated (at least 10 times) on SEE TV. We should be absolved from any royalty payment for broadcasting and permit the programs to be shown on local TV networks in our region, should such a need arise. A showcase of video art works is destined to give greater incentive and effective support to video artists, in terms of their regional and intercontinental promotion, and to develop a broad
>  showcase, in terms of genres and countries of origin, of the potential and achievements of contemporary video works, and in the affirmation of the new SEE video art network as well.
>

> You are hereby kindly invited to send us  your own video works or those from your collection, preferably in the high-quality video formats (BETA SP, DVD, DV etc.; the VHS copies will be accepted only in case no other format can be provided by an artist), containing the following data: the name of the author, biography, original title, English title, duration, language, year of production, short description (the concept of the work), and the authorization permit included. All the material should be with original sound.
>

> For first selection, works must be sent until 1 December  2003, together with the correctly filled data, to the following address:

> [...]

                    .plan as a mission

Nettime-SEE mailing list
Nettime-SEE@nettime.org