stefan rusu on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:56:54 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] [WR] Open call for Trans-disciplinary art project: Remediating Sound

From http://voxboxart.com, presented by InNoPo

Call for entries:

We are looking for a selection of artists working in different disciplines.
We do not have any restrictions on art form, but to give an example (in no
particular order) works can range from digital technologies such as physical
computing and electronics, software computing, robotics, net art, mobile
computing, video to traditional media such as sculpture, performance, paint,
photography, etc. We shall provide a single audio source and you will
participate in making new work in response to this sound, using your chosen
medium for public exhibition.

About the project:
<VoxBox> <one audio input, infinite cultural output>

The VoxBox project opens up questions of experience, perception and
remediation.

We aim to bring together a selection of artists from a wide range of
disciplines to remediate a single source material, and to place their
results alongside one another in an exhibition.

For selected artists, the final artwork will be included in the larger group
exhibition held in Spring 2009 in Plymouth, UK (venue tbc). An initial
briefing session in early February will kick off the project, with the final
artworks to be submitted on or before 15-Mar-2009.

We provide exhibition venue, publicity, technical equipment for exhibition,
and documentation.

Application deadline: 16 January 2009
Announcement of selected artists: 26 January 2009

Initial briefing session: 2 February 2009
Deadline for production of final work: 15 March 2009

To apply, please email voxboxart@siusoon.com providing the following
information:

*No restrictions on group/individual entries

Full name
 Contact details – Email, phone number, address.

URL / pdf of your portfolio

CV – 2 pages maximum

Statement: Description of interests and working practice. Please indicate
which media and/or technology you might use to address this project brief. –
800 words maximum

Maximum attachment size – 7MB

We encourage applicants to explore original concepts, alternative points of
view and demonstrate their capacity and commitment to bring the project to
successful completion.

Info & contact:
 voxboxart@siusoon.com

For more details, please visit http://voxboxart.com

Who we are:
InNoPO(In No Particular Order)
A trans-disciplinary curatorial partnership.

InNoPO is a new international curatorial partnership made up of Winnie Soon
(Hong Kong), David G. Johns (UK) and Danai-Maria Katsanta (Greece). We are
dedicated to the research, development and production of high quality
artworks from new, emerging and established practitioners across a range of
disciplines. We aim to bring together artists who contrast in philosophy and
practice, and yet complement one another in their difference. We see
artistic conflict and synthesis as a reflexive process that informs (and
re-informs) the writing and reading of cultural texts.

The heart of InNoPO is diversity. We seek artists to form residencies,
exhibitions and discussions, which challenge ideas, make statements, and
take part in the perpetual cycle of cultural production. The only thing we
specify is that artists are led by their own perceptual framework. Art,
regardless of discipline, facilitates the growth of diversity in culture –
through perceiving it, interpreting it, producing it. Our relationship with
art takes influence from, shapes and evolves culture. InNoPO brings this
relationship to the fore, slaps it about the chops a bit, and gives us all a
little more to think about.

[curatorial.net] - mailing list of the Curatorial Network
curatorial@curatorial.net

http://www.curatorial.net/pipermail/curatorial/

Curatorial Network website
http://www.curatorial.net