Horea Avram on Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:11:56 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] ART'S BIRTHDAY 2008

INVITATION TO JOIN ART'S BIRTHDAY 2008! Art will be 1.000.045 years old!

Celebrating Art¹s Birthday is a tradition started by French Fluxus artist
Robert Filliou who declared, on January 17th 1963, that Art had been born
exactly
1,000,000 years ago when somebody dropped a dry sponge into a bucket of
water.

Throughout the last decades artists continued organising annual celebrations
in the spirit of Filliou¹s ³Eternal Network² or ³La Fête permanente². In
2008
people all over the world will again be preparing numerous networked
birthday parties for art, several of these under the motto ³Forever Young².

Join the worldwide celebrations by contributing presents to the party!

These presents we invite you to upload to our present pool online under
http://www.kunstradio.at/PROJECTS/AB2008/presents-upload.php<https://webmail.mcgill.ca/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kunstradio.at%2FPROJECTS%2FAB2008%2Fpresents-upload.php>

The presents will be presented on line and can become part of parties around
the world.

On site at the party in Vienna we will be listening in on the presents and
streams, artists will re-mix and further distribute these online and via the
live Kunstradio broadcast on the cultural channel on the Austrian National
Radio Ö1 from 11 ­ 12 pm CET, as well as on the EBU satellite.

A selection of presents will also be presented in later on air editions of
Kunstradio.

Should you have any questions or plan to organise a party yourself, please
do not hesitate to contact us under:
kunstradio@kunstradio.at<javascript:open_compose_win('to=kunstradio%40kunstradio.at&thismailbox=INBOX');>

Spread the word! This is a party you can bring as many people and presents
as you wish!

More about Art¹s Birthday can be found here:
http://www.artsbirthday.net<https://webmail.mcgill.ca/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.artsbirthday.net>
,
http://kunstradio.at/PROJECTS/AB/<https://webmail.mcgill.ca/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fkunstradio.at%2FPROJECTS%2FAB%2F>

// The short version:

What do we want?
A present. Not for us, for Art.

Which present?
sound, images, text, love

How?
Streamed, e-mailed, snail-mailed or uploaded at:
http://www.kunstradio.at/PROJECTS/AB2008/presents-upload.php<https://webmail.mcgill.ca/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kunstradio.at%2FPROJECTS%2FAB2008%2Fpresents-upload.php>

Format?
mp3 files, live-streams, images, webcams, etc.

When?
Until January 17th, 2008 (from 20:00 CET until late, (19:00 GMT))

Where?
on air: 11 ­ 12 p.m. CET Ö1 (FM 92.0, MW 1476, SW)
on line: http://www.kunstradio.at/PROJECTS/AB2008<https://webmail.mcgill.ca/horde/services/go.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kunstradio.at%2FPROJECTS%2FAB2008>
on site: many places in the world and also in Vienna

Why?
To celebrate.

What?
Art¹s Birthday.