0f0003 | maschinenkunst on Wed, 7 Jun 2006 06:48:40 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] \\ civilizatie - demo.craSSy style

"Politologul Cristian Parvulescu si sociologul Sebastian Lazaroiu au
salutat normalitatea evenimentului de sambata: o manifestatie a unor
cetateni in numele diversitatii, o contramanifestatie a opozantilor,
jandarmii care si-au facut datoria; ca in tarile civilizate"

de la comunism la prostitutie - ASTA DA CIVILIZATIE!!

Europe 'connived at CIA flights'

CIA flights have landed in European countries, Mr Marty says

A report into secret US flights for terror suspects is expected to conclude
that 14 European countries colluded with the CIA.

The document will be presented to the Council of Europe by Swiss MP Dick
Marty after a seven-month inquiry.

An advance copy seen by the BBC says there is also evidence to support
suspicions that secret CIA camps are or were located in Poland and Romania.

The two countries have strongly denied the allegation in the past.

The BBC's Tim Franks in Paris - where the report will be issued on
Wednesday - says the charges are potentially explosive but the difficulty
remains in securing the proof.

'Alien approach'

The report is quoted as saying: "It is now clear - although we are still
far from having established the truth - that authorities in several
European countries actively participated with the CIA in these unlawful
activities."

According to the advance copy, countries such as Spain, Turkey, Britain,
Germany and Cyprus provided "staging posts" for rendition operations.

Mr Marty is said to have concluded that the "spider's web" of US rendition
flights is based on an "utterly alien" approach that breaches human rights.

The most serious charges are reportedly levelled at Poland and Romania,
where Mr Marty says there is enough evidence to support suspicions that CIA
secret prisons were established.

Human rights groups have criticised renditions for exposing detainees to
the risk of torture.