Irina Cios on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:49:55 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] Fw: Open call to paticipate within "BoundLess" (museum) groupexhibition

Dear Friends, Colleagues and Amateurs of contemporary art,

Check out this open call for (free) participation in the project of Jan
Christensen, within the "BoundLess" group exhibition in Stenersenmuseet,
Oslo, Norway, curated by Henry Meyric Hughes. I think it's a very good
project in that kind of an institutional context.

Please send your material / questions directly to:
jan_b_christensen@yahoo.com

For informations about my Artinfo-l mailing list and how to unsubscribe,
please have a look at the end of this mail.

Best wishes, Kristofer Paetau

-------------------------------

This is an open call for contributing material to a project intended for a
group show in Stenersenmuseet, Oslo, Norway, curated by Henry Meyric Hughes.
The show is scheduled to open in February, 2005.

I have been invited as a participating artist for the show "BoundLess",
which has a theme based on the idea of artists travelling, creating networks
of affiliated people and the notion that creativity is relative and subject
to your meetings and subsequent inspirations.

I would like to open this up further by inviting ANYBODY to submit material
such as text or images - or both - which will fit on a sheet of A4 in black
and white. It could be a text, an article, a drawing, a note, a photograph
or whatever. Your material will be included in the show as a reproduction,
without any restrictions or censorship, and I will furthermore make an
effort to reproduce selected images and illustrations (blown up as posters
or painted up as some sort of background decoration), as a backdrop to the
show. I will even try to execute any instructions you supply, to the best of
my ability. There is no limit to the number of pieces you submit, but please
note that each work of art should be limited to a single sheet of paper.

Please forward this email to ANYBODY you might think would find it
interesting.

You may credit this show as a group show, in which you participate by your
involvement in this installation, though I can not guarantee that details
regarding each participant will be included for additional printed matter,
apart from what I will myself produce, as part of the show, which will be
some sort of printed document consisting of all contributions, including
credits (names only,) and, hopefully, a poster. The complete document will
then be available for download as a PDF from my homepage (
http://www.janchristensen.org ).

I will respond personally to every contributor with detailed information
regarding the exhibition. Please note that there will not be any fees or
reimbursements included for participants to this project.

Please be aware that copyrights will not be respected. Popular culture is
founded on appropriation.

Please send ANY ideas, texts and material to me by email as soon as possible
and no later than 31 December, 2004.

email: jan_b_christensen@yahoo.com
Format: DIN A4
Black and White
File formats: RTF (Rich Text Format), PDF and JPEG.
Dpi: 72-300 dpi
Fonts: If you are using uncommon fonts for RTF and PDF documents, please
include the fonts (PC) with the attachment, or simply produce the text as a
300 dpi JPEG file.

I hope you find this interesting and I hope to see your contribution.

Thank you in advance and sincerely yours, Jan Christensen.

*** This is not spam. Please excuse any cross-mailing. ***

To unsubscribe automatically, please send an empty e-mail from your e-mail
account to: ARTINFO-L-unsubscribe-request@listserv.dfn.de

If this doesn't work, please reply to this mail and write UNSUBSCRIBE  in
the mail subject and please include any old & alternative e-mail addresses
in the mail. You probably got this mail re-routed from another e-mail
account and I need to find out from which account it was, in order to
unsubscribe you.

Thank you, Kristofer Paetau