vladimir bulat on Wed, 25 Aug 2004 08:06:48 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] Cetinje Biennial V

Cetinje Biennial V

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT, the 5th Biennial of Cetinje, will present 80 artistic
positions from South-Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Cetinje Biennial V
is realized by the National Museum of Montenegro in cooperation with
Kunsthalle Fridericianum, Kassel, Germany.

The Balkans - Transit area to the Middle East
While the slogan LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT often hides political demagogy,
Cetinje Biennial V promises to give an open minded view on the historical
and current situation of art in the Southeastern region of Europe and the
Middle East. Different historic and modern venues in Cetinje, the old royal
capital of Montenegro, are presenting 80 artistic positions of the late
60ies and 70ies up to now.

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT is tracing affinities and differences within the
cultural and political conditions and practices, which - according to the
general perception - question the Balkans and the Middle East as two
regions of different value systems. Applying its political and economical
systems the Balkan positions itself as part of Europe - but represents at
the same time a transit area to the Middle East. Sources and origins of the
current artistic situation of two different regions will step into
dialogue.

Cetinje - Dubrovnik - Tirana
Reacting to recent developments and the constant lack of cultural-political
cross-national cooperation LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT will moreover cross national
borders. Parallel to the exhibition in Cetinje, Tirana and Dubrovnik will
show video works and installations as well as a series of workshops. A film
and video program including works of 31 artists is shown at the three
Biennial venues. This way Cetinje Biennial V leaves the conventional form
of biennials by implying a unique cross-national activity.

An European Cooperation
Furthermore LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT is the culmination point of a new model for
a unique European cooperation: curated by Rene Block, Kassel, and Natasa
Ilic, Zagreb, Cetinje Biennial V is realized as part of "Balkan Trilogy", a
project initiated by Kunsthalle Fridericianum, Kassel, Germany. This
project started in Kassel with the exhibition "In the Gorges of the
Balkans" (2003) and ends now with "Balkan Trilogy #3", presenting the
exhibitions "Mangelos nos. 1 - 9", "Marjetica Potrc: summerhouse" and
"Jasmila Zbanic: we light the night" (Kunsthalle Fridericianum, Kassel,
until September 19).

Participating Artists
Hamra Abbas | Marina Abramovic | Nevin Aladag | Halil Altindere | Peter
Anders | Fikret Atay | Maja Bajevic | Sokol Beqiri | Luchezar Boyadjiev |
Mircea Cantor | Cengiz Cekil | Ivan Civic | Danica Dakic | Goran Devic |
Fouad Elkoury | Ayse Erkmen | Andrea Faciu | Jakup Ferri | Vlatko Gilic |
Ion Grigorescu | Asta Groting | Joana Hadjithomas & Khalil Joreige | Alban
Hajdinaj | Driton Hajredini | Mona Hatoum | Albert Heta | Edi Hila | IRWIN
| Sanja Ivekovic | Lamia Joreige | Gulsun Karamustafa | Omer Ali Kazma |
Daniel Knorr | Irena Lagator | David Maljkovic | Mangelos | Milovan
Markovic | Vlado Martek | Dalibor Martinis | Olaf Metzel | Ivan Moudov |
Alban Muja | Aydan Murtezaoglu | Oliver Musovik | Zoran Naskovski | Erkan
Ozgen | Sener Ozmen | Ebru Ozsecen | Anny and Sibel Ozturk | Adrian Paci |
Dan Perjovschi | Renata Poljak | Marjetica Potrc | Igor Rakcevic | Anri
Sala | Bulent Sangar | Sarkis | Kalin Serapionov | Erzen Shkololli | Nedko
Solakov | Ilija Soskic | Mohamed Soueid | Serge Spitzer | Mladen Stilinovic
| Ana Stojkovic | Cengiz Tekin | Slaven Tolj | Jelena Tomasevic | Milica
Tomic | Igor Tosevski | Jalal Toufic | Nasan Tur | Zaneta Vangeli | VERSION
| Natalija Vujosevic | Akram Zaatari | Borjan Zafirovski | Jasmila Zbanic |
Lulzim Zeqiri

Organizers:
National Museum of Montenegro, Cetinje
Art Workshop Lazareti, Dubrovnik
Academy of Arts, Tirana

Venues: different venues in Cetinje, Tirana and Dubrovnik

Curators: Rene Block, Germany, Natasa Ilic, Croatia

Contact:
Kunsthalle Fridericianum, Barbara Toopeekoff,
Friedrichsplatz 18, 34117 Kassel, Germany
Tel: 0049 (0)561 70 72 720, fax: 0049 (0)561 77 45 78,
email: office@fridericianum-kassel.de
http://www.fridericianum-kassel.de <http://www.fridericianum-kassel.de>

National Museum of Montenegro, Mirjana Dabovic
Novice Cerovica bb., 81250 Cetinje, Montenegro
fon: 00381 86 23 03 10, fax: 00381 86 23 03 10,
email: dabcom@cg.yu

Supported by:
The Ministry of Culture of Montenegro
Kulturstiftung des Bundes, Germany
Stability Pact for Southeastern Europe, sponsored by Germany
AFAA, France
The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia
Kunsthalle Fridericianum, Kassel, Germany

Cetinje Biennial V - LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT takes place in the context of "In
the Cities of the Balkans", the 2nd part of the "Balkans Trilogy", a
project initiated by Kunsthalle Fridericianum, Kassel, Germany, founded by
Kulturstiftung des Bundes, Germany.

Oliver Musovik Branko Zarevski 17/2/3
MK 1050 Skopje - Dracevo
Macedonia T + 389 2 2792456
E musovik@mt.net.mk <mailto:musovik@mt.net.mk>
www.scca.org.mk/musovik <http://www.scca.org.mk/musovik>

Vreau sa-mi inregistrez CV-ul la BursaMuncii!
Vreti sa publicati oferte de munca? Noi avem solutia!
Lasa profesionistii sa lucreze pentru tine!
http://www.bursamuncii.ro