alina serban on Mon, 2 Feb 2004 09:07:49 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-ro] vote

Un proiect la care puteti contribui prin vot.
Este trimis de Wouter Vanstiphout, member of Crimson Architectural Historians in Rotterdam, prezent la simpozionul Sufocarea- Traind arhitectura in vremuri de tranzitie, CIAC, 13 decembrie 2003

Hi Alina,

Do you want to take part in some local democracy? For our project De
Heerlijkheid Hoogvliet, the one I showed at the end of my lecture in
the Bucharest some weeks ago, a popular referendum is being held in
Rotterdam. If it gets enough votes by internet, its chances of getting
extra support from the city are much greater. It doesn't matter where
the votes come from. So if you go to www.wimby.nl, on the first page
you will see a picture with underneath : Stem op de heerlijkheid, then
you click on the little button with number 7, this will take you to the
city website. On the topline are a number of buttons, click on
'stemmen'. Then click on the button in before 'heerlijkheid hoogvliet',
go to the bottom and click 'stem'. Then you will have voted and have
contributed greatly to the realization of the park and partyhall of the
Heerlijkheid, designed by FAT from London in collaboration with us, and
used by the people of Hoogvliet to build themselves a cultural life and
a sparkling monument that might change the way this rather sad
modernist suburb is being percieved.

Of course we would be enormously gratefull, if you would forward this
message to your network, with your endorsement. The votes need to be
cast next week before friday and every single one counts.

thanks,

wouter,

by the way I've added the banner, maybe there is a website you can use
it on