perjovschi dan on Sat, 28 Apr 2001 10:18:50 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-ro] video

Date:
        Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:12:13 -0700
 Subject:
        call for proposals
   From:
        hARTware@t-online.de (hARTware projekte)  |
Block Address | Add to Address Book
     To:
        "KünstlerInnen int." <hARTware@t-online.de>

hARTware erhielt folgende Mitteilung:
hARTware received the following message:

________________________________

http://www.filmladen.de/dokfest
-------------------------------
ANNOUNCEMENT
This year's Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest
will take place
November
14-18, 2001. The Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and
Videofest is a festival
which
aims at providing insight into current international
documentary
filming and
video work. We intend to present critical, ambitious
and entertaining
documentary films and videos committed to both reports
on current
affairs
and off-beat topics.
The video section of the Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and
Videofest is also
interested in experimental and artistic videos, which
reveal the use of
video specific means.
The exhibition MONITORING presents media art
installations and
sculptures.
The entries should include a detailed sketch of the
project and a list
of
the technical equipment needed.

PRECONDITIONS
We look forward to receiving your new works - produced
in 2000 or 2001
-
until August 15, 2001. If the original version is
neither in English
nor in
German, you should subtitle your work or include a
text file in
English.
The selection will be finished by October 15. We will
inform you about
our
decision soon after. If your work is selected, you
will be contacted
for a
screening copy.

PRIZES
For the first time in our history, we are able to
award prizes. For
supporting the Media development in Northern Hesse, an
outstanding
regional
production is going to be awarded with a prize worth
of DM 5.000
sponsored
by the local daily newspaper HNA.
The Werkleitz Gesellschaft e.V. awards the "Werkleitz
Award 2001"
providing
payment in kind of technical support worth of around
DM 10.000. The aim
of
the "Werkleitz Award" is to honor and support artists
which works
indicate
in a very special way the innovative use of digital
media.

INTERFICTION
This year's interfiction conference including
lectures, presentations
and a
seminar focuses on the topic
"multifiction://intershop. With or against
the
current - world wide web based streaming media between
art, cultural
industry, and commerce".
Watch out for the call for papers or projects online
at
www.interfiction.net
(upcoming end of May).

Again, the Kasseler Dokumentarfilm- and Videofest will
cooperate with
oVid -
an internet database for experimental film and video
art:
http://www.werkleitz.de/ovid

ENTRY FORM
You will find the entry form attached to this message
(AcrobatReader-file).If you have any problems with the
Acrobat-File
please
give us a short message, and we will send the entry
form by fax or
snail-mail.
Get AcrobatReader: http://www.acrobat.com