Donna Metzlar on Fri, 31 Aug 2018 00:12:12 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] call for participation, Eclectic Tech Carnival

Hi all,

I think I forgot to send you all an invite to the benefit party some of
us are organising this weekend. For those of you in and close to
Amsterdam, pop around. It'll be fun. Below I've pasted the text I sent
to some lists this evening. Reminder: the /ETC is a hack event for and
by women* and feminists and free software advocates.

https://eclectictechcarnival.org/etc/communications/benefitparty/

Donna

The benefit party is happening in two nights:
Saturday 1 September, 6pm we cut the front door ribbon
Van Ostadestraat 233-D, Amsterdam
Get there with tram 4, hop off at Ceintuurbaan / Van Woustraat
or metro station De Pijp, exit Ceintuurbaan

So last night housemates and I carried our fridge downstairs. For the
organic beer and so on.

Tonight, with the help of a friend, we got the 2 borrowed record players
working, with an old mixer which I found in a pile of junk. At the
beginning of the week I had put the one record player directly onto the
amplifier and heard a terrible noise and buzz and clicking, to the beat
of a flickering, broken flurorescent light bulb, fascinating. I have
since learned that record players need to be grounded . Done.

While the one DJ just cancelled, I found a friend to play some of her
African music collection on vinyl. Very cool. And someone will give a
dance workshop from 7:30 to 8:30 to get everyone warmed up and in the
mood to dance. Do any of you have a good disco collection?

Plus someone is going to project crystals and microscope images. And I
expect a bit of theater perfomance too, in Upstage style.

Do come, will be lovely to see you there.