Frank Kresin on Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:41:32 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Invitation: Digital Disruptions Workshop - 13/7/2012

At the crossroads between technical innovation, economic mutations and social transformations, which "Digital Disruptions" will become central in the next few years? What are the issues and challenges that we can no longer ignore?

Fing, an independent think/do tank on digital transformations based in Paris, has developed an open, annual program called “Digital Disruptions”, that tries to identify digital issues and come up with meaningful answers. This year, Fing will work together with Waag Society and PICNIC to organize and host the program.

On July 13 we challenge creative and probing minds to a brain hacking session. The goal is to coproduce the discussion materials that will feed into the Digital Disruptions workshop, taking place during PICNIC in September.

 - Come as you are. No preparatory work is needed. Just be ready to share ideas at a fast pace.
- We will introduce "Digital Disruptions" so you understand what you're contributing to and how it will benefit you and others.
- Then we will have several rounds of interactions in order to identify a lot of likely "Digital Disruptions" candidates that could feed into the PICNIC workshop in September.
- We’ll cluster and classify these candidates.
- We will of course share the results with you a few days after the session.
- It'll be fun! A good thing to do on a summer Friday afternoon!

The event takes place at July 13, from 1 PM till 4 PM at de Waag, Nieuwmarkt 4, Amsterdam. You can register via http://waag.org/nl/event/digital-disruptions-2013-2014

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Amsterdam to do some serious brainstorming.

Frank Kresin (Waag Society), Daniel Kaplan (FING), Kitty Leering (PICNIC)

For more information on Digital Disruptions:
http://doc.openfing.org/QuestionsNumeriques/DigitalDisruptions_EN.pdf

/ Frank Kresin / Research Director @ Waag Society
/ Pakhuis de Zwijger / Piet Heinkade 181 A / 1019 HC Amsterdam
/ De Waag / Nieuwmarkt 4 / 1012 CR Amsterdam
/ M frank@waag.org / S fjkresin / TW  twitter.com/kresin