Tjebbe van Tijen via Chello on Wed, 23 May 2012 01:10:56 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] JORGE ZORREQUIETA and the DISPOSICIÓN FINAL: when will he show any remorse?

JORGE ZORREQUIETA and the DISPOSICIÓN FINAL: when will he show any remorse?

May 22, 2012 by Tjebbe van Tijen

For the full illustrated and documented article will links go to:

http://limpingmessenger.wordpress.com/2012/05/22/jorge-zorrequieta-and-the-disposicion-final-when-will-he-show-any-remorse/

This is old news about a book by the Argentinian author Ceferino Reato who managed to interview the former Argentinian dictator Jorge Rafaela Videla in prison and for the first time having Videla speak about the real numbers of people killed by his regime in his vision (7 to 8 thousand persons). The book was published in Argentina a few months ago, but it merits special attention in the Netherlands because the Dutch Royal House has a family relation with one participant in the Videla regime. This relationship has been constantly half denied and underplayed. The policy of the Dutch Royal House and Dutch governments is one of low profile on this issue, in the hope it will be forgotten.

When I checked today  the Dutch library system I did not yet find a single copy in any Dutch public library (available or on order), including the Royal Library of the Netherlands. I will certainly write the last institution  about this omission! (*) “Disposición Final”(final disposal)  is the military jargon – of the Argentinian generals and government – for the murder of those that were seen as a danger to Argentinian society.

(...)