Evelyn Austin on Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:43:56 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] ignite amsterdam 11 / NEW ORDER

Dear all,

Tomorrow is the kick off of a three-day event on art, society and energy. New Order Fest takes place at Mediamatic Bank on Thursday 27, Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 October.

Tomorrow is the 11th Ignite Amsterdam. From photographing Sweet Crazies on the streets of Ethiopia, to digital
organisms based on fungi. Expect possible future scenarios for a
post-carbon world alongside traditional craftsmanship. With Chris Lee, Frank van de Goot, Katja Novitskova & Rory Hyde, Tim Ayres, Lynne Leegte, Jaron Beekes, Jeroen Braspenning, Jan Koen Lomans, Emre Huner, Vincent Schipper, Cardboarders, Ties van de Werff, & Jan Hoek.

Saturday we will be talking with Sascha Pohflepp, Lucy McRae and Martti Kalliala about how energy lies at the root of art, architecture, and politics.

Sunday Eva Gladek (industrial ecologist and director of Except Integrated Sustainability) will talk about self-sufficient urban food production and the future of urban resource
management, waste cycles and cities that are aware of entropy. Sascha Pohïepp, Liam Young, Femke Herregraven, Chris Lee, DUS architects,
 Martti Kalliala, Lucy McRae, Rory Hyde and Katja Novitskova will map
out their proposals for a 'post carbon' world.

Hope that some can come over to discuss these topics with us. More at www.mediamatic.net/neworderfest

Best,
Evelyn