Geert Lovink on Wed, 8 Jun 2011 23:35:48 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] We Live Here: An Academy ON LINE

From: Marijke Hoogenboom <marihoo@xs4all.nl>
Date: 6 June 2011 4:14:18 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

WE LIVE HERE: An Academy. Have a look at the flyer attached and visit www.we-live-here.com for the full programme.

WE LIVE HERE is a statement and a working title. As artists and cultural workers we acknowledge the need to reappraise the public and other spaces in which we operate.

WE LIVE HERE: An Academy aims to create a space to meet, think and work together beyond the sphere of projects and productivity-driven timetables.

WE LIVE HERE: An Academy stems from an urge to slow down; an urge to resist the constant demands for presence, movement and response; an urge to find time for thinking together; an urge to make space for what we need and miss; an urge to claim the nuanced complexity of being in the world; an urge felt by engaged practitioners in the Netherlands and beyond.

WE LIVE HERE: An Academy takes place from 5 to 10 July 2011 at Frascati WG in Amsterdam. Have a look at the website to see the workshop programme, additional presentations and lectures. Inform me or register through the website if you are interested to participate.