miss_magda on Tue, 9 Jun 2009 13:36:40 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] Thesis Research (Help)

Dear All,

My name is Magda Ceriano (SL user name). I am a Masters student in New
Media, currently writing my thesis on "Evaluating cultural activity in
virtual platforms".
I have taken Second Life as a base for my research and I have created a
simple questionnaire/interview to sum up the empirical part. This
questionnaire is directed to Second Life users. Nevertheless if you are not
a Second Life user and you have some extra time, feel free on answering
questions 2-6 and 14-16 and maybe a  comment on why you are not active in a
3d virtual environment.

I would be very grateful if you could take the time and answer the questions
below.

1. SL User name:
2. Age:
3. Sex:
4. Location:
5. Educational level:
6. Occupational sector:

7. a) How do you find interaction in SL (on a cultural or social level, and
interface interaction- easy-confusing-difficult )?

b) Why?

9. What do you feel youâre missing out in SL that already exists in Real
Life?

10. Have you visited any museums or exhibits in Second Life?

11. Can you name a few?

12. Do you shop in Second Life (if yes- what kind of items do you shop)?

13. Have you purchased anything from the museums you visited?

14. a) Do you purchase things from the Internet in general?

b) What items do you usually purchase?

15. What are your favorite sites for shopping?

16a) Do you play games?

b) If yes name a few?

c) Why do you like these games?

Feel free to add any comments regarding Virtual platforms, why you choose to
spend time in them (or why not), whether or not you are involved in museum
exhibits in 3d virtual worlds. And what would you prefer to be different to
enhance more cultural activities in 3D virtual platforms.

Thank you for your time.

Magda Ceriano