Geert Dekkers on Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:34:14 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] nznl.com digest, Dec 13, 2007 - Dec 19, 2007

nznl.com digest
Dec 13, 2007 - Dec 19, 2007
Posts  2020 - 2026

http://nznl.com
rss http://nznl.com/geert/nznl.xml
macosx only screensaver at http://graphics.nznl.org/nznl_com_screensaver.dmg (>95MB)
weekly concatentation at http://graphics.nznl.org/2007-51.mov

2020. Dec 13, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (INTERSTITIAL)
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071213&from=list

2021. Dec 14, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (DESTROYS)
flash movie
Vicki: "Ever since I started showing conceptual art, I've asked myself: where does the work start? And where does the work end? We define the boundaries, we posit and position. Demarcate. The object inherits. From the base object. That deep inside of us, in each of us, lies, a communal base object."
Bruce: "I love you Vicki. I love you. But how can I love you? I'm afraid that one day, you'll say something about yourself, that destroys, so much of your story, that I will not be able to love you any longer. And I want to love you, I want to love you so very much."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071214&from=list

2022. Dec 15, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (TIRED)
flash movie
Vicki: "I'm tired. I'm so very tired. There's nothing else I can say."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071215&from=list

2023. Dec 16, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (I'M SO VERY TIRED)
flash movie
Vicki: "I'm so very tired."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071216&from=list

2024. Dec 17, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (REPOSITIONING)
flash movie
Narrator: "I see you sitting at your table. Your hand resting on the clear surface, the clear surface. I see your hand reflected in the clear of the surface, in the clear of the surface. And the white box. The white box and the lead running from the white box. You are still. You sit quietly.
Even after all this time, you are sitting here quietly. But with your finger poised, poised. Poised such a small distance from the button."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071217&from=list

2025. Dec 18, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (TIME DELIVERS)
flash movie
Vicki: "Time delivers negation. Cells pop. Fluids communicate."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071218&from=list

2026. Dec 19, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (WHAT CONCEPTUAL ART IS DOING)
flash movie
Vicki: "What conceptual art is doing, what conceptual art has decided, is that the materiality of the object is irrelevant. That to describe an object in detail, to plan it meticulously, to posit it, and to position it, is to make it. And as the object then exists in the communal spirit, it is in fact an object, exists, and can be talked about."
Bruce "In the beginning there was the one. And the one posited itself. And the one positioned itself."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071219&from=list

Geert Dekkers--------------------------- http://nznl.com | http://nznl.org | http://nznl.net ---------------------------------------