press on Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:06:42 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] V2_REMINDER | Test_Lab: Audio_objects

| V2_ Institute for the Unstable Media | Eendrachtsstraat 10 | Rotterdam Test_Lab: Audio_Objects

               * Test_Lab: Audio_Objects *
                 *date*: 18 Oct 2007 20:00-00:00
                 *location*: V2_ Groundfloor
               *  admission*: free

*V2_ Presents:
TEST_LAB: AUDIO_OBJECTS

Thursday October 18, 2007, 20.00h Eendrachtsstraat 10 Rotterdam. *

/Test_Lab is a bimonthly public event, organised by V2_, Institute for the Unstable Media, that provides an informal setting for the demonstration, testing, presentation, and discussion of artistic Research and Development (aRt&D). /

In today's field of audio performances and live art a return can be observed from laptop performances (as became common during the last decade) to physical instruments. The commonly used low-interaction playback methods and relatively introverted process of laptop concerts is now often replaced by physically more interactive and daring performance elements^1) , providing visually more attractive performances.

In this edition of Test_Lab we investigate, experience, and test new ideas, prototypes, and products for the physical manipulation of (digital) sound created by audio developers. Besides discussing how these technologies make live performances livelier and more visually attractive, we'll also explore the effects of these new physical audio interfaces on contemporary music and sound art. In Test_Lab: Audio_Objects, some of the most promising new physical audio interfaces will be demonstrated, tested, and discussed among experts and audience.

/Featuring: Kim Cascone and the AudioCubes workshop participants, Bert Schiettecatte, Gijs Gieskes, Michel Waisvisz, Edwin van der Heide, Brigit Lichtenegger (aka Evo Szuyuan) and Annabeth Robinson (as AngryBeth Shortbread).

/Special thanks to Sugar Seville and Maximillian Nakamura (Shintaro Myazaki) for hosting the event at the Rhizometic Dorkbot Office at Odyssey, a simulator in Second Life dedicated to art and performance./
/^
^For more information, please contact Michel van Dartel (michel@v2.nl, +31 (0)10 2067272).

This event will be streamed at http://live.v2.nl/audioobjects.ram and will partially take place in Second Life at http://slurl.com/secondlife/Odyssey/85/153/45
^
_1) The desire to integrate visual and auditive elements in performances can be traced back to the pioneering work of Dick Raaijmakers, who thoroughly investigated the integration of visual and auditive elements in performances. V2_ publishing will publish a book describing the complete works of Dick Raaijmakers in December 2007 (see www.dickraaijmakers.nl).