Geert Dekkers on Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:53:21 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-nl] nznl.com digest, Oct 11, 2007 - Oct 17, 2007

nznl.com digest
Oct 11, 2007 - Oct 17, 2007
Posts  1951 - 1957

http://nznl.com
rss http://nznl.com/geert/nznl.xml
macosx only screensaver at http://graphics.nznl.org/ nznl_com_screensaver.dmg (>95MB)

1951. Oct 11, 2007
INTERLUDE, 2011, INTERLUDE
flash movie
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071011

1952. Oct 12, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (CHOSEN)
flash movie
When I was a boy, I was convinced that I was chosen.
I imagined how I could become Jezus.
But at night, not being able to sleep,
I saw visions of murder and pillage,
and was much troubled.
My visions where of two separate categories.
One category was of the images turning and changing,
slowly gathering form.
The second category was of the sudden flash,
of the revelation.
In some periods,
the visions frightened me so badly that I feared the advent of the evening,
and my bed.
It was only later that I realised that both categories were the work of the devil.
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071012

1953. Oct 13, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (APPARITION)
flash movie
#!/usr/bin/env bash
say -v Vicki -o /Users/geert/Sites/_nznl/20071013/1.aiff "When a show was on, and it was quiet, as it sometimes was, I would find myself, unthinking, comtemplating the reflection of the whiteness of the wall on the polished wooden floor. Gradually I started to realise that I loved these apparitions more than the art I showed, and so I slowly began to despise the ugly materiality of even the most exquisite works, as the need grew within me to rid my gallery of all objects."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071013

1954. Oct 14, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (INNER STRENGTH)
flash movie
#!/usr/bin/env bash
say -v Vicki "I remember the first time my intellectual abilities made an impression. I was a member of the Brownies in our remote village, I suppose I was about 7 or 8. We sat in a circle, cross- legged. The Akela asked us to comment on some subject, I don't remember what exactly. When it was my turn, I felt some hitherto unknown inner strength gathering momentum as I spoke. When I was finished, the group was silent. Shortly afterwards, I was promoted to Second."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071014

1955. Oct 15, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (NEGATIVE)
flash movie
#!/usr/bin/env bash
say -v Bruce -o /Users/geert/Sites/_nznl/20071015/1.aiff "I remember quite distinctly when I first discovered my individuality. I might have been 7, or 8. I was running home from school, for lunch. I noticed my shadow dancing in front of me in the midday sun, and I remember also, that I thought it strange I should be able to position myself through my negative."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071015

1956. Oct 16, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (THOUGHT)
flash movie
#!/usr/bin/env bash
say -v Vicki -o /Users/geert/Sites/_nznl/20071016/1.aiff "In my thought, the most universal, most abstract concepts are to be found in the most intricate, most detailed, smallest objects. As such, the grandest of all concepts should consequently be found in the smallest objects imaginable. Which means that these objects should be small to the verge of being absolutely non-existent."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071016

1957. Oct 17, 2007
STUDY FOR A NARRATIVE, 2011, GALLERY PIECE (POWER)
flash movie
#!/usr/bin/env bash
say -v Vicki "When I discovered my power, that is, my control over the power of language, I realised I could change reality. The images I projected with my talks seemed so vivid, so real, that my audience, after listening to me, would go out into the world and actually build what I had proposed."
http://nznl.com/index.php?dag=20071017

Geert Dekkers--------------------------- http://nznl.com | http://nznl.org | http://nznl.net ---------------------------------------