press on Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:10:02 +0200 (CEST)
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
[Nettime-nl] V2_ANNOUNCEMENT | AudioCubes Workshop
- To: niet-openbare ontvangers: ;
- Subject: [Nettime-nl] V2_ANNOUNCEMENT | AudioCubes Workshop
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:53:30 +0200
- User-agent: Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (Windows/20070728)
*Explore a new way of physically controlling, creating, and manipulating
sound* *& music*
*16/17/18 October 2007*, 10:00-18:00
Including a performance during /Test_Lab: Audio_Objects/ on the evening
of 18 October, 20:00
Location: V2_, Institute for the Unstable Media, Eendrachsstraat 10,
Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
*To introduce audio performers with an exciting new type of physical
audio interface known as AudioCubes (see www.percussa.com for more info
on AudioCubes), a three-day hands-on workshop will be held during the
days succeeding /Test_Lab: Audio_Objects/. The workshop will be led by
audio performer Kim Cascone and the inventor of AudioCubes, Bert
Schiettecatte, and will result in an AudioCubes performance by the
workshop participants during /Test_Lab: Audio_Objects/. *
The first day of the workshop will be spent learning how to set up the
AudioCubes for either control or audio, interfacing them with existing
software, and learning how to incorporate the tactile user interface
into the participant's repertoire.During the second day, the workshop
participants will craft the framework for a new sound piece. On the
third day they will rehearse the piece, work out bugs, develop a
presentation, and perform during /Test_Lab: Audio_Objects/ (also
featuring Gijs Gieskes, Michel Waisvisz, Edwin van der Heijden, Brigit
Lichtenegger and Annabeth Robinson (as AngryBeth Shortbread)).
Apply for registration by emailing a brief description of your
background to Michel van Dartel (email@example.com) before the 6th of
October. Workshop fee: students 80 EUR / professionals 110 EUR (includes
lunch on all workshop days). V2_ will provide the required audio
equipment, but participants should bring their own laptops.
* Verspreid via nettime-nl. Commercieel gebruik niet
* toegestaan zonder toestemming. <nettime-nl> is een
* open en ongemodereerde mailinglist over net-kritiek.
* Meer info, archief & anderstalige edities:
* Contact: Menno Grootveld (firstname.lastname@example.org).