Lennaart van Oldenborgh on Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:12:37 +0100 (CET)

Re: [Nettime-nl] Ukraine: US-Engineered Coup or EuropeanRevolution?

>These conspiracy theories--by no means unique to Europe--reveal a mechanistic
>approach to politics, suggesting that popular movements can be artificially
>manufactured and that resources determine success.

exactly. it reminds me of the british tabloids' obsession with
finding the "ringleaders behind" the  big (and violent)
alterglobalist demonstrations in London in 1999-2001. it is the
contemporary equivalent of the colonial explorer's imperative "take
me to your Leader!"
Lennaart