H S on Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:07:31 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [Nettime-nl] Verslag Biggest Visual Power Show 2003

En als we dit alles nu in een wetenschappelijke contekst plaatsen en vanuit
het "beeld" verklaren, dan is er mogelijkheid voor een beeldkritieke
samenvatting van de bijgesloten thema's in de 6th International Conference
on Organizational Discourse:

Call for Papers

:

Artefacts, Archetypes and Architexts

Amsterdam, 28th-30th July, 2004

Submission date for Abstracts (800 words): 10th Jan 2004

The Conference
The aim of the 6th Conference is to develop further insights into the field
of organizational discourse. Papers are invited on talk and text which
address issues of social representation, social construction and social
interaction in relation to any aspect of organization or organizing.

Given the Conference theme deliberately constitutes a broad discursive
canvas, we expect the precise conference streams to emerge from the papers
themselves. However, we also anticipate papers that will organize themselves
within the following themes:

Sensemaking, Stories and Narrative
Metaphor, Tropes and Symbolism

Discourse and Temporality
 Discourse, Power and Knowledge

Language, Culture and Organizational Change
 Organizational Identities

Management Philosophy
Management Discourse

Dramaturgy and Aesthetics
Structures, Networks and Agency

Ethnographies of Organisational Life
Ideology and Plurivocality

Text, Talk and Technology
 Consumption, Brands and Images

Reflexivity and Discursive Methodologies
Discrimination and Diversity

Conference Organizing Committee
Tom Keenoy, King's College London UK, Cliff Oswick, University of Leicester
UK,  Ida Sabelis, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Marcel Veenswijk, Vrije
Universiteit Amsterdam, Sierk Ybema, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, David
Grant, University of Sydney Australia, Cynthia Hardy, Melbourne University
Australia, Nelson Phillips, Cambridge University UK.

The Conference will be hosted by the Department of Culture, Organisation and
Management at the Vrije Universiteit (Free University), Amsterdam and
organized under the auspices of the International Centre for Research in
Organizational Discourse, Strategy and Change (ICRODSC).

For ALL  information and details of the Conference Venue, the Conference
Theme, Submission Guidelines etc. please consult the Conference Website:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk//depsta/pse/mancen/events/org_disc_6.htm