eveline lubbers on Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:40:31 +0200 (CEST)

Re: [Nettime-nl] DynCorp en de EU

Zoeken op Dyncorp op http://www.corpwatch.org/ levert
allerlai interesants op, niet over Nederland, wel over
Iraq en Colombia bijv.dit:

http://www.corpwatch.org/issues/PID.jsp?articleid=6328

Dyncorp Rent-a-Cops May Head to Post-Saddam Iraq

Investigative Report
By Pratap Chatterjee
Special to CorpWatch
April 9, 2003

The scenes of looting in Iraq are heart-rending: the Saddam Hospital in Nasiriyah in
southern Iraq was pillaged last week by 20 armed thieves who grabbed a haul of drugs and
several ambulances just as a man died in the hospital lobby from gunshot wounds. He
sustained his injuries while resisting another gang that was trying to steal his car.

Basra's Sheraton Hotel saw mobs of young men stealing tables, chairs, carpets and even a
grand piano. British military officials, while proclaiming they had seized control of the city,
acknowledged that the telephone system had shut down this week because scavengers
had ripped out all the equipment.

Commenting on the unfolding chaos an unnamed Pentagon official told the New York
Times that they were seeking something more than the United Nations peace-keeping
troops: "We know we want something a little more corporate and more efficient with
cleaner lines of authority and responsibility."

Dyncorp Wants You
That plan appears to be almost ready. Half a world away from the bedlam in Iraq, just
outside of Forth Worth, Texas, police recruiters are currently manning the phones for
Dyncorp, a multi-billion dollar military Contractor. For Dyncorp the turmoil that is emerging
in Iraq could mean a boom in business.

<cut>

en wat ouderr:

DynCorp In Colombia: Outsourcing the Drug War
Like the old English "privateer" pirates of the Caribbean five hundred years ago, sailing
under no national flag -- robbing and plundering Latin America's riches for the English
Crown, Washington now employs hundreds of contract employees through U.S.
corporations to carry out its policies in Colombia and other countries. Like the sixteenth
century pirates, if they get caught in an embarrassing crime, or are killed, the U.S.
government can deny responsibility for their actions. What's more only a select few in
Congress know of their activities and their operations are not subject to public scrutiny,
despite the fact that they are on the government payroll

Source: CorpWatch.org, May 23, 2001
http://www.corpwatch.org/issues/PID.jsp?articleid=672