geert lovink on Mon, 4 Nov 2002 20:48:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-nl] Final Call for Papers: Amsterdam Symposium 'Gender and ICT'

From: E.W.M.Rommes@wmw.utwente.nl
Subject: Final Call for Papers: Amsterdam Symposium 'Gender and ICT'

The Dutch Gender and Technology Association is pleased to announce a
symposium entitled:

Gender and ICT: Where are we at?

It will be held in Amsterdam on 17 January 2003. We shall review the
international state-of-the-art and the Dutch situation. A number of
internationally renowned speakers have already agreed to open the day's
discussion, including Wendy Faulkner, Knut Sorensen and Liesbet van Zoonen.

During the afternoon there will be parallel sessions. We invite abstracts on
the following themes:

. social relations of the Internet
. gender and the design of ICT (information and communication technology)
. the digital divide

Both theoretically and empirically focused presentations are welcome.

The deadline for abstracts (max. 400 words) is November 15.
The final programme will be available by December 15.
The working language of the symposium will be English.
Abstracts may be submitted to: Els Rommes e.w.m.rommes@wmw.utwente.nl or
Sally Wyatt: wyatt@pscw.uva.nl .

More information at:
http://www.indexsociety.nl/genderictsymposium/index.htm