hans (by way of mauzz@dds.nl) on 31 Aug 2000 14:32:41 -0000

[Nettime-nl] remote cooperation

Tuesday 29. August 2000 , 2 PM

Dear friends and supporters

Developments on   FAR - CLOSE
there is some good news and some bad news.

About 10 days ago, the interiors of the international carriages of the
europartrain, which are placed at the container terminal in
Leeuwarden/NL, were destroyed. The damage is estimated to be about
100.000 Dutch Guldens (about 43.000 Euro) and the culprits are not found
yet. This development interrupted our time planning to such extent that
the online live happening from the carriages in Leeuwarden is suspended.

Yesterday the Polish artists arrived in the Netherlands and are ready to
start preparing their installations. Also, the international artists
arrived in Cracow/Poland. The Polish carriage is prepared as a media
carriage with computers and four telephone lines. So, you can reach them
online.

The catalogue production for our sixth catalogue ‘europartrain in
Poland’  is going full steam ahead. The content of the feature film
about the journey of the europartrain through Europe will also reflect
these negative treatments in the Netherlands which certainly will not
show Holland in a positive light, internationally.

Nevertheless, all the devastation in the Netherlands i.e. Dutch Railways
damaging the train by repetitively sending out the negative letters to
our international railway collaborators as well as the hooligan attack,
can not stop the europartrain.

We still have problems with our online connections in the train in
Leeuwarden and our website still needs more adjusting. Any help or
contribution for practically solving our problems is therefore most
welcome (online connection Leeuwarden, chat box etc.).
http://www.blindpainters.org

Thanks for your support and we look forward to your response.

greetings
hans