Gerbrand Oudenaarden on 3 Aug 2000 14:34:58 -0000

[Nettime-nl] Dance Party Aug 18: Engage! Extreme Event

Dance Party Announcement

Engage! Extreme Event

Date: August 18, 22h - 06h
Location: Ekko, Bemuurde Weerd WZ 3, Utrecht
Fee: dfl 15
Style: Drum 'n Bass, Jungle, BigBeat, Techno, Hiphop

Celebrate the pleasures of global warming!
Dance on a melting icerock, cool down in the desert  cafe
lounge. Drown in rising sea levels. Featuring  tech-artistic
environment, dance interventions,  cocktailbar, nonstop
28k cinema and challenging  bites.

Act: Human Beings (techno duo from Utrecht)
 DJ Line-up: Bonra, Flipjack, Djazzmin

Engage! organises this dance party as an upbeat to  the
upcoming cultural season.

Engage! Tactical Media is a political and cultural  medialab.
 We develop innovative interactive media productions,
we stream video, we consult progressive  organizations
on media strategies, and we collaborate  on
technologically savvy cultural events. We work a  lot with
non-profit organizations, such as  environmental
organizations, cultural centers,  community media
centers, as well as national  broadcasters and festivals.
Our events and media productions take place on the
edge of culture, political activism, technology and  media.
We like to use cutting edge media technology  for
idealistic goals, and we are empowered by the  conviction
that new media, if used creatively and  innovatively, have
the power to reach the people and  realize change.

Global Warming - Hot Times Ahead

Engage! is also setting up an independent media  center
around the UN COP6 Climate Negotiations in  November
2000 in The Hague, NL.
http://www.climateconference.org

http://www.engage.nu