fran ilich on Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:29:36 +0100 (CET)

[nettime-lat] First Person en ciudad de m éxico.

First Person Update:

First Person is screening in San Diego, Michoacan Mexico, and Mexico City.

Get your copy:  http://theredproject.com/firstperson/

First Person just screened this last weekend in San Diego as part of
Technika Radica's Powering Up/Powering Down conference at UCSD.
(http://teknikaradica.org/conference)  We were there, but sadly I was not
able to get the calls list out in time to let you all know.

First Person will be exhibited in ArtExpo 2004 from February 7-28 at Centro
Morelia, Michoacan, Mexico.  This exhibition is curated by Luca Curci.

First Person will be exhibited from March 25th-April 8th at the Sala de Arte
Publico Siqueiros (SAPS) in Mexico City.  On April there will be a panel of
lectures by Monica Mayer, a representative of SAPS, and Carla Herrera-Prats
and Michael Mandiberg, followed by a reception.

What is first person:

First Person is a collaborative curatorial project by Carla Herrera-Prats,
Michael Mandiberg, and Anne-Julie Raccoursier.  This curated DVD foregrounds
12 young video artists in Mexico City and Los Angeles who are working with
their own bodies in a hybrid space between video and performance. The
artists included are Arturo Castelan, Ximena Cuevas, Sharon Hayes, Carla
Herrera-Prats and Julia Steinmetz, Justin Lincoln, Michael Mandiberg, Rodney
MacMillian, Amaranta Sanchez, Anne Walsh and Natalie Zimmerman.

This project exists as an edition of 1000 DVDs, which we are currently
screening and distributing.  We have re-purposed the DVD's menu/scripting
structure to create an interactive visual essay combining photographs,
video, audio, and text.  Our goal is to distribute the 1000 edition of this
DVD to a broader audience, via screenings, festivals, and via our website:
http://theredproject.com/firstperson/

How to get a copy:

You can buy a copy online at http://theredproject.com/firstperson/

You can buy a copy in New York at The New Museum bookstore, and Printed
Matter.

Further Inquiries