Nadi on Thu, 23 Dec 1999 22:46:32 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> [Fwd:] FOLLOW UP ON SEATTLE, PROPOSAL FOR STRATEGY

Subject: FOLLOW UP ON SEATTLE, PROPOSAL FOR STRATEGY

To save the planet, the strong momentum of the great
historic victory in Seattle is released in fullfilling
of a series of major objectives based on the decisive
continuation and broadening of the coalition between
workers, farmers and NGOs:

1. ROLL BACK THE CORPORATIONS' OVER-NATIONAL
INSTRUMENTS FOR OPPRESSION (WTO, WB, IMF, UN SECURITY
COUNCIL, NAFTA, EU, APEC, ETC.)

The disclosure in Seattle of the crimes of these
organisations continues by chasing the planners of the
crimes against humanity and nature wherever they meet.

To prevent the corporate mass media monopoly from
belittling the demonstrations, we should beforehand
categorize them as big or small demonstrations.
And to make sure that the big demonstrations really
get big, they should be organized many months ahead,
as was the case in Seattle.

Possibly a vote on the Internet should decide which
events should be defined as small and which big, so
that the backing of the respective events can be
foreseen.

After Seattle we may not even have to make threats in
order to get the attention of the media, only a hint
that we might have to provoke the police to become
violent, if the media coverage is inadequate.
You can never tell.

Planned flexibility should be implied to cope with the
expected upgradation of the precautionary measures
from the other side.

The principles of non-violent direct action as educated
so systematically and practiced so bravely in Seattle,
http://www.reclaiming.org/starhawk/wto.html
should be the fundamental tactics in all cases.

The preparatory organizing should include raise of
funds for support of arrested protesters and victims
of police brutality.

2. CREMATION OF THE VERY MOST CRIMINAL CORPORATIONS

The historic Cremation Monsanto campaign
http://www.igc.org/igc/en/hg/karnataka.html
is carried through and extended to others on the
Top 10 List of excessively criminal organisations.

Just a few successful cremations will have a profound
preventive effect on other corporations, cf.
http://www.globalexchange.org/economy/corporations/

At the same time as we break down the present evil
system, we build up the new  A L T E R N A T I V E :

3. FUNDAMENTALLY NEW ECONOMIC SYSTEM

The present economy based on destruction of the natural
resources is replaced by the economic system that
builds up the natural resources:

Global Resource Bank, belonging to all mankind,
http://www.grb.net
owns the natural resources outside national jurisdiction,
i.e. primarily in the oceans.

The electronic global GRB credit based on and measuring
the value of these natural resources replaces the
present destructive currencies based on the gross
national product including all kinds of activities such as
over-consumption, polution, transportation, destruction of
nature, wars, etc.

Furthermore, the mantenance fee paid to the bank on
commercial accounts depend on the ecological footprints
of the respective enterprises,
http://www.grb.net

4. THE UNITED PEOPLES' TAKE OVER OF THE CORPORATIONS

To the extent the above measures may not fullfill their
objectives, the world parliament of the united peoples
takes over the ownership of rest of the corporations,
besides dealing with all less directly economic global
problems, see
http://www.unitedpeoples.net

Ole Fjord Larsen,
member of United Peoples