blocked on Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:49:51 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> ready for massive action again!

HEADLINES TODAY: business as usual?

etoy.TOYWAR  affects NASDAQ ?!
etoy.DNS deleted by NETWORKSOLUTIONS!
THE THING NEW YORK PERSECUTED BY FBI?!
etoy.TOYWAR hits CNN: WAR ON THE NET!
etoy.TOYWAR enters the MOMA NY!

last saturday network solutions shut
down the etoy.MAIL-SYSTEM without making
any official statements and without
reacting to the etoy.LAWYERS till now.
this was not part of the preliminary
injunction and therefore far away from
being fair and legal (etoy was enjoined
from  "operating a web site with the
domain name www.etoy.com")!

the plan was to brake down the resistance
by cutting off our whole communication
system by causing 90 man hours of high
pressure work in order to fix the massive
damages. THANK YOU & MERRY XMAS!

this is robbery of digital territory.
american imperialism, corporate
destruction and bulldozing in the way of
the 19th century.

fortunately the internet resistance
community was able to invest a huge amount
of venture capital to keep up the fight
which turns into an important precedence
for all of us using the internet as a free
and independent platform for the exchange
of ideas and products of cultural value...
(87 etoy.SHARE-CERTIFICATES and 290
etoy.MICROSHARE-CARDS will be delivered
to new investors by the end of january 00).
eToys does not understand that the net is
more than a huge market place.

this battle will be posted in the
schoolbooks of the next generation for
people like toby lenk jr. they will learn
to accept the rights of others; fundamental
rights of information, fair defense and
freedom of speech.

our tactical mainframes are up and running
again - ready to inform users and opinion
leaders world wide.

all xy@etoy.com addresses have been
temporally mapped to xy@toybomb.com
(i.e. new address: mailme@toybomb.com)

the toywar.COMMUNITY just showed that it
will not let this happen.

every person who follows the
etoy.ART&ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES knows that
etoy uses the domain since 1995 (registration
and launch of www.etoy.com) and established
a valuable internet brand under the domain
www.etoy.com. etoy will not switch its HQ
to another address!

etoy has priority trademark rights!

the eToys lawyers know how to manipulate a
state court judge with defamation (they call
the etoy.ART hardcore pornography, offensive,
violent etc) and how to abuse the law system
by producing 40 kilograms (our attorneys
have more than 350 pages document on their
desks) of rhetoric material trying to attack
etoy for security fraud, trademark abuse and
much more. they try to keep the etoy.CREW,
etoy.LAWYERS and CODERS busy and provoke
enormous costs and damages for the art
corporation etoy.

by spreading the information "of the upcoming
release of an etoy.SHOPPER screen-saver cult
software" the enemy tries to make etoy look
like an illegal and irresponsible organization
and to make their weak case stronger.

further the provider who hosts the network for
thing.net shot down the thing network (the most
courageous supporter of the etoy.TOYWAR.community
in new york) for a few hours to stop the virtual
sit in actions organized by other artists.
eToys shows its ugly face! the playful toy retailer
knows no other way to solve problems than police,
lawyers, power, money and violence.

etoy can not stop the community from flooding and
organizing world wide boycotts against eToys servers.
this is provoked by their attitude.

eToys just toke the wrong approach to the problem!
note: the scary looking etoy.AGENTS are in fact well
respected INTERNATIONAL ART-BUSINESS-MEN who enjoyed
many exciting & twisted ventures in the past. we do
not call for illegal actions.

we politely urge eToys & network solutions to reinstall
our dns root entries so the emails of our friends,
sponsors, shareholders and business partners can find
the way to our boxes again! we relay on this connections.

buy love - not war!
your etoy.CREW

 + PRESS CONFERENCE/EVENT AT MOMA NY +

next monday (20.12.99) we will hold a press conference
on the etoy domain name dispute and the future of
internet art in the age of e-commerce.  members of
the etoy.ADVISORY-BOARD will be present. representatives
from RTMark, eviltoy, praystation, smokinggun, and others
announced their appearence to talk about peace & freedom
in TOYLAND. several santas, a marching band, children, and
stock brokers will also be present.

Museum of Modern Art
Roy and Nina Titus Theater
11 West 53rd Street