RTMARK Admin on Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:16:41 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> Urgent: etoy.org (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 15:17:06 -0800
From: Richard Zach <zach@math.berkeley.edu>
To: RTMARK Admin <admin@rtmark.com>
Subject: Urgent: etoy.org

Dave Lahoti, of EStamp vs. EStamps fame, has purchased etoy.org last week.  It is, as far as I know,
the last etoy/s domain not owned by eToys.  Dave wanted etoy to have it, but etoy doesn't want it
because a. they want to keep etoy.com, after all, and probably would rename the group rather than
give up a .com domain, and b. they don't have the $1000 that Dave spent on buying the domain, and
which he'd like back.  zai suggested that someone put up a protest site there; Dave can't do that.

Just now "an anonymous party" has approached Dave and wants to buy etoy.org from him; I think we all
have the same suspicion as to that party's identity.  Is RTMark, Thing, Rhizome, or anyone else
interested, willing, and able to take etoy.org off Dave's hands?  If so, write to him directly:
dave@lahoti.com

--
Support internet art. Boycott eToys.
http://www.eviltoy.com/