nettime_announcer on Sun, 7 Nov 1999 21:58:37 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> announcer 99.45 [a]

                                                                   - - - - - - -
   D,-                                                             | 9 9 . 4 5 |
                                                                   - - - - - - -

                                                   <nettime> announcer   |  a <<

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |  b

                                                                         - - - -
                      SCP <notbored@panix.com> : Berlin Wall 1989-1999   | 0 1 |
                                                                         - - - -
     Sylvie Parent <courrier@ciac.ca> : CIAC's Electronic Art Magazine   | 0 2 |
                                                                         - - - -
   Dzemal Sokolovic <dzemal.sokolovic@isp.uib.no> : DEMORCRACY SEMINAR   | 0 3 |
                                                                         - - - -
            Doug Aubrey <heroes@cqm.co.uk> : A night on the Wired-side   | 0 4 |
                                                                         - - - -
                  Immaterial Incorporated <info@immaterial.net> : WAR!   | 0 5 |
                                                                         - - - -
     Simon <lamunieres@sgg.ch> : 8th Biennial of Moving Images, Geneva   | 0 6 |
                                                                         - - - -
                          NOMADS <nomads@nomadnet.org> : MASSAGE v.5.0   | 0 7 |
                                                                         - - - -
           Marta van der Haagen <marta@speed.a2000.nl> : Baltic states   | 0 8 |
                                                                         - - - -
         performance research <post@perfres.demon.co.uk> : 'On Memory'   | 0 9 |
                                                                         - - - -
                     Kalina Bunevska <kalina@scca.org.mk> : Invitation   | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -
  Matt Locke <matt.digitalarts@architechs.com> : architechture & media   | 1 1 |
                                                                         - - - -
               NowkNowN <NowkNowN@gmx.net> : No Coalition with Racism!   | 1 2 |
                                                                         - - - -
           integer@www.god-emil.dk : [ot] \/\ nato.0+55+3d.v3kt0r.r2!n   | 1 3 |
                                                                         - - - -

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

                                delivered each weekend into your inbox   |

                                        mailto:nettime-l@bbs.thing.net   |

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 1 |
                                                                         - - - -

To mark the 10th anniversary of the breaching of the Berlin Wall, the
Surveillance Camera Players (SCP) will perform in front of the surveillance
camera that guards a small portion of the Wall, displayed as a piece of
sculpture in the tiny "urban park" at 520 Madison Avenue, Manhattan (the
park is actually on 53rd Street between Madison and Fifth Avenues).

At noon, Wednesday 10 November 1999, the SCP will perform two plays: first
You Are Being Watched For Your Own Safety, which was recently performed for
the first time (and in Peekskill, NY); and second, a brand-new adaptation
of Wilhelm Reich's The Mass Psychology of Fascism.

Formed in NYC in November 1996, the SCP are unconditionally opposed to the
use of surveillance cameras. Like all cameras, the video or closed-circuit
television camera is a tool of social control, a tool that is used to
condition people into privileging images of life over life itself. But,
unlike the apparently neutral photographer's camera, the video or
closed-circuit television camera is explicitly a tool that helps
established authority to direct, supervise and control the behavior of
large numbers of people. Surveillance cameras violate our constitutionally
protected rights to privacy, anonymity and free assembly.

Composed of anarchists, the SCP fight against both the use of surveillance
cameras and the general fetishism of images. The group performs in places
in which the presence of surveillance cameras are particularly offensive.
The plays performed are written and adapted so that their meaning and
relevance are clear to all, not just to the cognoscenti. The SCP, despite
their hostility to the society of the capitalist spectacle, allow
themselves to be photographed, interviewed and written about by the media;
they also maintain a website at
http://www.panix.com/~notbored/the-scp.html. The group intends to explode
the myth that only those who are doing something wrong fear surveillance
cameras (i.e., that the only ones opposed to surveillance cameras are
people with something to hide).

Contact:
Art Toad, Director
notbored@panix.com

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 2 |
                                                                         - - - -

We have received numerous suggestions of Web sites to include in the
Perspective section of the 8th Edition of the CIAC's Electronic Art
Magazine. The theme is "Une nouvelle identité (The New You)".

Please consult the sites that have so far been proposed by our readers,
all of which have been very pertinent. This section is open to all and has
been growing in the number, quality and variety of submitted sites.

Consider this is an invitation! You may suggest your own site or that of
someone else, and can choose to identify yourself or not. Suggestions must
relate to the theme! We appreciate your participation.

Sylvie Parent CIAC's Electronic Art Magazine http://www.ciac.ca

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 3 |
                                                                         - - - -

INSTITUTE FOR STRENGTHENING DEMOCRACY IN BOSNIA
K o n j i c
Bosnia-Herzegovina

The third international  Seminar
 "Democracy and Human Rights in Multi-ethnic Societies"
Time: 3-7 July, 2000
Place: Konjic, B&H

Dear colleagues,

In spite of not a few difficulties and impediments the organizers and
participants meet organizing the seminar on democracy and human rights, it
appears that we are going on with our gathering. Since I sent my
announcement of the Seminar and the call for papers, I received many
answers all of which are supportive and positive. Among them are
colleagues having attended this or last year`s, or both, seminar(s) as
well as many newcomers.

Recalling how difficult it was in the beginning and the lack of proper
conditions, I remember the words of two pioneers of the event. Mladen
Grbin, University of Glasgow, said, perhaps including slightly of irony:
"Dzemal, you must be brave man to organize such thing!" And Elisabeth
Rasmusson, OSCE Mission to Bosnia, having heared under what the
circumstances (including the lack of money for consecutive translations!)
the seminar should have taken place, said: "It is not responsible to
organize such an event without necessary prerequisites." However, she
came; then, she took part again; and, she announced to come next year as
well.

I admit both - being brave (albeit there is a saying in Bosnia that only
crazy people are brave), and the lack of organizational preparations
(luckily, there is another saying in Bosnia which reads that only crazy
people organize everything in advance). However, it is a pleasure to
organize it with people so devoted to both the issues and country.

So, here are the names of brave people who expressed their interest in
Seminar up to now:

1. Priscilla F. Sears, Ph.D, USA
2. Nevenko Misita, University of Stockholm, Sweden
3. Gunn Softing, University of Bergen, Norway
4. Eva V. Huseby-Darvas, ph.d, University of Michigan, Dearborn, USA
5. Ranko Milanovic, Sarajevo, BiH
6. Eric Gordy, Department of Sociology, Clark University,Worcester,
   Massachusetts USA
7. Zakalin Nezic, Virginia, USA
8. Slobodan Bjelajac, Split University, Croatia
9. Eva Polgar, University of Budapest, Hunary
10. Soner Cagaptay, Yale University, USA
11. Peter Emerson, The de Borda Institute, Belfast, Northern Ireland
12. Margaret Vandiver, Memphis, USA
13. Paola Lucchesi, Central European Inititative, Italy
14. Anar Nagiyev, Baku State University, Baku, Azerbaijan
15. Zlatko Isakovic, Copenhagen Peace Research Institute, Denmark
16. Jos De la Haye, KuLeuven, Dep Pol wet, Leuven, Belgium
17. Cerba Eugenia, Moldova State University, Chisinau, Moldova
18. Rinus van Zandwijk, Lieutenant-colonel, NATO/SFOR/CJCMTF, Non
    Governmental Organization Support Team, Sarajevo, BH
19. Raonic Boris, Podgorica, Montenegro

In order to make a tentative program, I request those who are still
interested in taking part at the Seminar to let me know as soon as posible
if you are interested in submitting papers, taking part in discussions, or
simply attending the seminar. Working titles of presentations are
welcomed. I would also encourage participants to suggest and organize
workshops.

Please also feel free to re-transmit this note to whomever might be
interested.

In the event of not being interested in receiving further information on
this particular event as well as on the forthcoming activities of the
Institute please let me know at your most suitable convenience.

Sincerely,

Dzemal Sokolovic,
Director of the Institute for Strengthening Democracy in Bosnia

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 4 |
                                                                         - - - -

A night on the Wired-side

Featuring: The All-Digital Glasgow and simulatenous world-wide web premier
of Victim of Geography, followed by Scotland v Yugoslavia DJ slam for
peace and unity

LIVE in Glasgow, Scotland: Silicone Soul   versus

Via the Internet From Radio Free-B92 Belgrade: Gordon Paunovic,
Vlada Janjic (B2 92), Marko Nastic Vs Dejan Milicevic (Teenage
Techno Punks)

Webmaster and streaming in Glasgow: Chris Byrne and New Media Scotland
Webmaster and streaming in Belgrade: B2-92

The venue: The Arches, Glasgow
The Date: 11th November 1999
The time: Doors open 21:00
The movie: 22:00 gmt live in Glasgow and also streamed on the
world-wide-web
The Music: 00:00 - till early

The www. streaming of the film will occur simultaneously to the live
Glasgow screening at 22:00 gmt and can be located at:
http://www.freeb92.net

Following on from it's gate-crashing preview during this year's Edinburgh
Film Festival, the all-digital feature Victim of Geography comes home to
Glasgow for it's International and World wide web premier.. The film's
Director Doug Aubrey says: "There is nowhere else in the world that we
would rather launch this film onto the international stage then at home
here in Glasgow and the Arches is the ideal, atmospheric, underground
venue to show it "

Especially as the film began it's life as an idea in another subterranean
bar in a shell shocked Sarajevo.

"A friend of ours who survived the siege of Sarajevo said to us over a
beer and game of pool at the end of the war said that he felt like a
victim of geography..."

Five years later and after a journey that survived 2 wars, censorship at
home and numerous funding setbacks, the public will get an opportunity to
view the end resultsfor one night only in Glasgow. This will be the only
opportunity to catch this remarkable production in Scotland for the
forseeable future, before it embarks on a world-wide tour through-out the
year 2000, beginning with an exclusive screening in Belgrade (hosted by
Cinema Rex and Free Radio B92) and a world festival premier at this years
International Documentary festival in Amsterdam (an all time Scottish
first)

"I think in terms of screening and recognition for the film in Scotland,
it's a bit like - how do I put this without upsetting too many people -
it's a bit like that Norwegian brandy you can buy - you know the stuff it
has to travel around the world once before some people think they can get
a taste for it!" Doug Aubrey the film's Director and Producer said.

The night at the Arches promises to be a genuine East/West collaboration,
which will not only be an opportunity to see the film but also to
experience it on the world wide web. The streaming of the film will be
undertaken with the support of Radio B2-92, who will host the webcast
(DATA and URL will follow)

Immediately after the film there will be a wrap party and DJ match for
peace and unity between Scotland and Yugoslavia, featuring webstreamed
sets from Glasgow and Belgrade. The webstreaming will be undertaken by
Chris Byrne from New Media Scotland, who also launch their drift event
across Glasgow the following night over the weekend 12th-14th (for details
go to: http://www.mediascot.org/drift/ )

"This is very much us taking the film back to basics in ever respect -
back to our warehouse, do-it-yourself and underground roots" says Doug
Aubrey. "the live web streaming is an exciting possibility that due to the
current situation in Belgrade, might go completely pear-shaped - however
if it is alright on the night it could be quite an event..."

For more information about booking and screening Victim of Geography
contact Doug Aubrey: heroes@cqm.co.uk

For more press information and publicity about the event, please contact
Louise Prendergast at Firehorse Communications:
louise@firehorse-agency.demon.co.uk

Projects in the pipeline from Pictorial heroes over the next year include:

Collateral Damage: A film being produced in association with Free Radio
B92 Belgrade.

A Different Pitch: A football dream anid the nightmare of war. To be
filmed in Kosovo, this project is a sequel to an earlier story made by the
production company set in Bosnia called Louder than Bombs!

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 5 |
                                                                         - - - -

                        FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

                WAR!: SERBIA vs. THE UNITED STATES
                A live interactive radio performance

          Conceived by Brian Conley, Immaterial Incorporated

          November 14, 1999, 12-2 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
             WBAI (99.5 FM, New York) and B-92 (Belgrade)

On November 14, 1999, an international radio performance entitled WAR! will
be broadcast in New York and Belgrade simultaneously. The event, an
imagined theater of conflict between Serbia and the United States, is a
two-hour interactive live performance between two teams of sound artists
and sound designers gathered at Radio B92 in Belgrade and at WBAI in New
York. The two teams will have read classic books of war strategy (Sun Tzu,
von Clausewitz, van Creveld, and so on) and devised a strategy for waging
war on the other team using cartoon sound effects as the only sound
material. They are allowed to use any technology from home-made instruments
and the human voice to samplers and computers in order to manipulate and
organize the cartoon sound effects. They will not meet their opponent
except at the moment of broadcast. And at that moment they are involved in
a relentless struggle for domination and drive towards victory over the
other in the terrain of the audio. By using the stereo divide, the sound
from each team will be broadcast on one speaker so that audiences can
easily distinguish between the two teams.

This event is being organized by Immaterial Incorporated of New York and by
Radio B-92. B-92, the pro-democracy radio in Belgrade closed down by
Milosevic at the start of the war in Kosovo, has recently moved back to
Belgrade. The teams will be connected via Internet and broadcast live in
New York from 12 - 2 p.m. on and in Belgrade from 6 - 8 p.m. The broadcast
will also be webcast at http://www.freeb92.com.

Technical support for this event has been generously provided by
Harvestworks, New York.

For a longer project statement, email war-event@immaterial.net.
Brian Conley can be contacted at 212 732 5298 or at war@immaterial.net.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 6 |
                                                                         - - - -

HERE WE GO !

8th Biennial of Moving Images
Centre for Comtemporary Images
Geneva, Switzerland

Other Fictions - Other Views - Other Places

5 ­ 13 November 1999
5 November ­ 12 December 1999

>installations >videos >films >performances
Reflection, mixed-perceptions, exchange: between art, cinema and video.
Recent works from:
Chantal AKERMAN (B)     Jean-Luc GODARD (CH)
John BALDESSARI (USA)   Dominique GONZALEZ-FOERSTER (F)
Alexandre BIANCHINI (CH)        Philippe GRANDRIEUX (F)
Pierre BISMUTH (F)      Thomas HIRSCHHORN (CH)
Ellen CANTOR (USA)      KORPYS/LOEFFLER (D)
Tracey MOFFATT (AUS) Chris DERCON (B)
Cheryl DONEGAN (USA)    Rainer OLDENDORF (D)
Yan DUYVENDAK (CH)      Fiona TAN (Indonésie)
FISCHLI/WEISS (CH)      Uri TZAIG (IL)
Jochen GERZ (D) Andy WARHOL (USA)
Anna Sanders Films (F)

>cartes blanches
Critics and curators Freddy BUACHE (Cinematheque suisse), Emma DEXTER (ICA),
Hou HANRU (Cities on the move), Paul OUAZAN & Claire DOUTRIAUX (arte),
Dominique PAÏNI (Cinematheque francaise).

>international competition
36 tapes selected out of 727 tapes received. 43 countries entered the selection
The jury is composed of Dunia Blasevic (Bosnia), Chris Dercon (B),
Corinne Diserens, Elizabeth Janus and Michel Ritter (CH).
Prizes (for a total amount of CHF 20¹000.-) will be awarded
on Saturday Nov. 13, 1999

MORE DETAILS AT:
www.centreimage.ch/bim/

best regards
cic@sgg.ch

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 7 |
                                                                         - - - -

MASSAGE v.5.0
www.nomadnet.org/massage5

MASSAGE v.5.0, a special themed edition on the Monstrous Feminine, is now
on-line at <www.nomadnet.org/massage5>.

v.5.0 features an interview with Linda Dement by Rachel Gear, a review of
Isabel Chang's cd-rom, "Virtual Makeovers for the Post Identity Cyborg" and
articles on Orlan, Yayoi Kusama. and other mosntrous offerings.

The Project Room features "Hormonal Hurricane" -- a new Flash movie by
Eugenie Nable.

--
Laura McGough
Co-Director, NOMADS

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 8 |
                                                                         - - - -

Hello,

I would like to invite you for the presentation of a web-site
about the cultural situation of the Baltic states, with special
guest Carl Biorsmark from Latvia who will present the Borderland
project.

This week De Balie - Centre for Culture and Politics
in Amsterdam, is organizing a series of public programs
about the state of Europe 10 years after the disintegration of
the Iron Curtain and the fall of the Berlin Wall. As a prelude to
this program called 'burengeruchten' ('through the grape vine'),
three web designers were sent out to carefully selected centers
in the periphery of Central and Eastern Europe, to investigate
and report on the local cultural dynamics and artistic energies of
those places.

The presentation of the first report and resulting web-site
is on Wednesday November the 3rd at 20.00 in "de Kleine Zaal"
in De Balie. <http://www.balie.nl/burengeruchten/baltic/>

I choose to travel to the Baltic states because these are
the countries of which I already had some knowledge. Over fifteen
days of traveling, I spent five days in each country.
>From the Western point of view it is now 10 years after
the Fall of the Berlin Wall, but for countries like Estonia,
Latvia and Lithuania that used to be part of the Soviet Union
the real memorable date is 1991 when they declared independence.
This illustrates a larger complex of misunderstandings. "The Baltic
states" are in fact three completely different countries with each
a different language, religion and cultural background.
To avoid Western clichés as much as possible I gave the voice to
the many interesting people I met. You will find real audio files
with the interviews on the web-site.

Carl Biorsmark and Kristine Briede are working on a project that
is both a web-site and a documentary film.. The project tells
the personal stories of people that live in an area where new borders
suddenly appeared. Now people that were close friends and relatives
need visa's to meet each other. It helps us to realize that the
disintegration of the Iron Curtain ten years ago also created
new borders elsewhere.

I hope to see you on Wednesday,
kindly yours,
Marta van der Haagen

Burengeruchten: <http://www.balie.nl/burengeruchten/>
Borderland project: <http://www.borderland.org>
* "A film about Those who left and The ones who are coming.
   A film about Us."
* "It's a God's gift 2 B right here, right now. In 10 years time
   everything will be just as boring as in the West..."
De Balie, Kleine-Gartmanplantsoen 10, 1017 RR Amsterdam

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 0 9 |
                                                                         - - - -

APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING

'PERFORMANCE RESEARCH' - VOL 5/ISSUE 3 - 'ON MEMORY'

We are currently inviting proposals for our forthcoming issue 'On Memory'
which will be edited by Adrian Heathfield (University of Warwick) and
Andrew Quick (University of Lancaster).  We are looking both for scholarly
papers and for proposals which cross the boundaries of the artistic and
academic, proposals for collaborations between artists and writers or
proposals which address the visual and textual possibilities of the
publishing format.

Deadlines are as follows:
Proposals                               7th January, 1999
Finalised Material              17th April, 2000
Publication Date                December, 2000

On Memory:  The act of performance takes place at the border between
remembering and forgetting.  As a work of recollection, a form of cognitive
and physical re-presentation, performance may offer to stage or retrieve
the past.  Yet, in its affinity with the present, its tendency towards
disappearance and its inevitable transience, performance is also implicated
in the erasure and leaving of the past.  It is this paradox which situates
performance at the centre of cultural debates around the politics of
memory.  Appearing at the end of the year 2000, in an era that many
commentators have characterised as suffering from a pervasive amnesia, the
journal will explore the place of performance in relation to the cultural
forces of memory.  The issue will question how the dynamics of memory,
remembrance and forgetting relate to performance aesthetics: orders of
space and time, forms of action, uses of objects and ways of writing.  It
will examine the role mnemonic performance may play in the personal or
cultural resolution of the past, the projection of the future, and the
construction of individual and national identities.

Proposals for any new or unpublished material for consideration for
inclusion in the issue should be sent by the deadline date of
7th January 2000  to:

Adrian Heathfield                                       E-mail:
tssad@warwick.ac.uk
School of Theatre Studies                               Telephone: + 44
(0)247 652 4925
University of Warwick                           Fax: + 44 (0)247 652 4446
Coventry
CV4 7AL
UK

or alternatively to:

Clancy Pegg
Administrator
Performance Research
Market Road
Cardiff
CF5 1QE

E-Mail: post@perfres.demon.co.uk

Proposals and articles will be accepted on hard copy and disk or by e-mail.

Editors: Adrian Heathfield is a lecturer in Theatre and Performance Studies
at the University of Warwick and editor (with Fiona Templeton and Andrew
Quick) of Shattered Anatomies: Traces of the Body in Performance,
(Arnolfini, 1997).  Andrew Quick is a lecturer in Theatre Studies at
Lancaster University.  He has written a number of articles for Performance
Research and is the editor (with Scott Lash and Richard Roberts) of Time
and Value (Blackwell, 1998).

PERFORMANCE RESEARCH/GENERAL INFORMATION

'Performance Research' is a peer reviewed performing arts journal published
three times a year. It is international in scope with an emphasis on
contemporary European performance. The journal aims to promote a
cross-disciplinary exchange of ideas and stimulate discourses surrounding
established, experimental, speculative and prospective performance work.
Each issue combines thematic and general content from the current field of
performance research and practice.

Format (flexible): 128pp; illustrated; typically 3 - 4 articles (c6000
words) and several shorter articles (c2000) words; interviews and profiles
of contemporary artists plus photographic/graphic material, artists'
documentation and 'prepared' artists pages; performance, book and archive
reviews. The emphasis of the journal is on reflective in-depth articles and
reviews; and on original work for the page. We very rarely publish essays
of over 6000 words; the usual length is between 2000 - 4000.

Proposals and files will be accepted on hard copy, disk or by e-mail file
attachment. 'Performance Research' uses MAC hardware with Word v5.1 and
Claris Works v4.0 software. Please save and send files (disk or attachment)
in compatible formats. If in doubt please contact us. Please ask for
further guidelines on graphic/illustration formats. All materials should be
sent directly to  Clancy Pegg at the address below.

Submission of an article to the journal will be taken to imply that it
presents original, unpublished work not under consideration for publication
elsewhere. By submitting a manuscript, the authors agree that the exclusive
rights to reproduce and distribute the article have been given to the
publishers.

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 0 |
                                                                         - - - -

The Contemporary Art - Center Skopje, Macedonia
cordially invites You to attend the opening of the exhibition

                "U"

        Maja Stefanovska

Wednesday, 03.11.1999, 8 p.m.
CIX Gallery
(Orce Nikolov 109)

'The symbolic title of the project, by the symbol or letter, simply "U"
carries a universal meaning. Its a matter of fact, U-you represents the
entire public who the author addresses through the installation and the
video. This is not about a public  who is chosen to follow the happening
out, but it is rather about a human experience, frustration or prejudice
of any kind...' Vesna Stefanovska

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 1 |
                                                                         - - - -

FRIDAY, November 12th - 1-4pm
Huddersfield University and TEST present an event for Architecture week 1999

As part of Architecture Week 1999 we would like to ask what is the
relevance of architecture in an information rich media saturated age?

An interdisciplinary panel will consider architectural space beyond the
confines of strict professional or historical boundaries.

In presentations and audience discussions the panel will reflect on the
intersection of architecture with interface culture and media technologies.

SPEAKERS:

Paul Bradley, Researcher, curator of the Dom  Hans Van der Laan  exhibition
'Thinking about Architecture' at the Henry Moore Institute, Leeds.

Phil Dean, Creative Director of The Attik on 'graphics and corporate
representation.'

Clive Gillman, Digital Artist, on Integrating Architecture and Interface at
FACT.

Andrew Shoben, Greyworld
Sonic Architecture, 'playground' at Bretton Hall Sculpture Park and other
installations.

Lucy Kimbell, Artist
Launch - Installation, Chatham Docks and other works.

Matt Locke, Director, Test digital research facility and acting Chief
Executive, Kirklees Media Centre on 'the interface in the public realm.'

Chair:  Derek Hales, Architect, Course Leader, BA (hons) Virtual Reality
Design, BA (hons) Installation Art and Events, University of Huddersfield

VENUE:
Canalside West Lecture Theatre
University Campus, Queensgate, Huddersfield

TIMETABLE:

1.00 pm
Canalside West foyer - demos:
Steven Atkinson, threeodoi - architecture and animation
Rick Hall, University of Huddersfield, Navisworks, real-time visualisation
Graphisoft, ArchiCAD demonstrations

2.00pm
Presentations by panellists

4.00 pm
Discussion and questions

6.00 pm
Kirklees Media Centre, Conference Room
V-I-P Launch
Special product launch to introduce V-I-P - the next generation of sexy toy

7.30 pm
Architecture & Media club/event
Kirklees Media Centre, Café bar

MORE INFO:
matt.digitalarts@architechs.com

**********************************

Matt Locke
Acting Chief Executive
Kirklees Media Centre

T:+44 (0)1484 431289
F:+44 (0)1484 513739
E:matt.digitalarts@architechs.com
www.test.org.uk
ICQ:11157918

**********************************

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 2 |
                                                                         - - - -

demonstration on fr. 12. november 16.00
at the austrian pariament, vienna

text from "sos racism austria":

No Coalition with Racism!

It is shameful:on the threshold to the next millenium, in a prosperous
country, we are confronted with demagogic agitation, with
xenophobia,with contempt for the
underpriviledged, and with a dubious relationship with the Nazi past.
Unresolved events of the past and constant backward-looking have blocked

our future far too long. The FPOE have gained dangerous proportions with

their outrageous and racist election campaign. They have shown their
true face in their election posters. Their participating in government,
even  indirectly, is out of the question. They have allowed foreigners
to be misused as scapegoats for unresolved social problems.

We can't go on like this. The political establishment must not just be
preoccupied
with keeping hold on power, for too long Haider's demands have been met
in an opportunistic way.

Now it is up to us! A decisive new beginning is necessary, a broad
reform offensive for the defence and consolidation of human, democratic
and constitutional rights, for the
safeguarding of the constitution, for social justice, guaranteed minimum

standards and equality of the sexes. Instead of a shift to the right, a
shift towards human rights. Joerg
Haider's extreme populism is the wrong response to a desire for change.
Hidden underneath is the authoritarian project of a so-called Third
Republic. That means a total break with the basic democratic consensus.

An end to the "Haiderasation" of our country.
We are Austria!

--

Geh denken:
http://members.xoom.com/no_pasaran/

                                                                         - - - -
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | 1 3 |
                                                                         - - - -

____

m u l t i . f i l m . r o u t i n e z  :  |?|
- please view in _m9nd konta!nr - 10 point

_______________________+++++++-- n a t o.0+55
_- 0f0003 m2zk!n3nkunzt | | www.m9ndfukc.org

nato.0+55[+3d] multi.module

1 infinite amalgam* of films. audio files etc
may be accessed stochastically. !statistically.
et automatiquement via soft + ultra plaztik macintosh keyboard
else via max routines else via the ultra uneventful
midi protokol - with latency times superb.

unlike addtl kode which manages several seconds latency.
shall omit the software as they are now utilizing nato.0+55
_ new + improved delicate strategies in pacification yes +?
if desired one specific life form may contact one
of `my` addresses for info.data on how to reduce the
seconds latency to milliseconds latency

unlike nr 2 model citizen korporat serf kode [hallo arkos \ steinberg SSerfs]
nato.0+55 does support linear films as well as non.linear
- interactive films.

http://www.m9ndfukc.org/korporat/nato.0+55+3d.html

zttz

* _ meaning many many thousands of local + internet film \ audio files

v!tal leap 2uardz dze !med!at tr2nz4maz!onz ov 0+1 prologue 2 0+1 dream ztajt
!remed!abl! d!zturbd on d!sz br!ef zkale ov dze momentum. dze az!m!labl
zekz!on ov 0+1 pazt = dze el!m!nabl quadrant ov 0+1 prznt - !dle plzur.
preokupaz!on ov dze zent!mntl perzonaj + !tz weaknesz 4 0+1 zukzez!on ov !deaz

a tout a l.heure

                                      |9|
[p-un_kT-pr_o-T–k_oL] Ø f Ø Ø Ø 3       |
                 herausgegeben vøm !nternat!onalen
!nst!tut f:ur ordnung |+| d!sz!pl!n
       : / / m9ndfukc.org

                                                    |  |