Luther Blissett on Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:22:30 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> The mask of Zorro

A Footnote to my previous message

Perhaps the best thing one can do to understand what the Seppuku means for
us  is rent a movie:
"The Mask of Zorro" (1998), starring Anthony Hopkins and Antonio Banderas.
It explores "Zorro" as an open character adoptable by different people. The
fact that don Diego de la Vega ceases to adopt it doesn't entail the death
of the character, because the younger Alejandro Murrieta trains to become
the new Zorro. A classic cloak-and-dagger movie, but with a strange edge to
it.
That's what will happen to "Luther Blissett"
Now, we are far from being old, e.g. I'm only 29, but we are to move to
another project, add new experiences to our class war & pranksterism
curricula, that's why we leave the newcomers (some of them are older than I
am!) with *Q*, a sort of allegorical handbook, a summa theologica of our
experiences as multiple name bearers.
I'm very pleased by that all Italian multi-use name bearers have devoured
the novel and enthusiastically approved the *Seppuku* operation, and I look
forward to the foreign editions.

Roberto
(one of the activists formerly known as "Luther Blissett")
<http://www.syntac.net/lutherblissett>
A clear, thorough LB primer - last update: August 1999 - English

<http://www.LutherBlissett.net>
The (in)Complete Archives 1994-99 - Italian/English

<http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Leftbank/6815>
Luther Blissett and the "Huelga de Arte"(Art strike 2000-2001) - Spanish

<http://www.contrast.org/kg>
Luther Blissett and Kommunikationsguerilla - German