porculus on Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:24:04 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> 3615wolton

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Geert Lovink <geert@xs4all.nl>
À : <nettime-l@bbs.thing.net>
Envoyé : dimanche 22 août 1999 19:32
Objet : <nettime> dominique wolton?

> hi,
>
> just a question, mainly to nettime subscribers in france. there was an
> article in le monde diplomatique, by a certain dominique wolton. patrice
> gave me a xerox copy. i read it and now wonder if anyone has seen, heard
> or read anything from him. he is the director of the laboratory for
> communication and politics at CNRS, and author of a book called Internet
> et apres? Une theorie crtique des nouveaux medias, flammarion, paris,
> 1999.
>
> http://www.liberation.com/multi/actu/semaine990412/art990415b.html
>
> there is an interview with him in liberation, about the question of
> Internet being media, yes or no. he thinks its not. "no freedom with
> regulation." sounds like a true french civil servant, rather official.
> any idea?
>
> ciao, geert

http://pleine-peau.com/n7/porc/vmagis.htm

you know geert, wolton tries to make the french intellectual in mimicing
the head of the one who would know the number of moles of your sexual
partner, with the secret hope he will provoques in your head the gnawing
question 'how the fuck he can know that !'. bah. but just a thing about
internet that would be not a media, a media which would be first 'a logic
of offer to help', and 'not just a technic'. minitel ? remember something
? just an early eighty french typical paradigmatic produce of the 'french
civil servant' you speak about. : free small boxes for train timetable,
phone directory and oneline chat, quite wonderfull at the beginning,
1500bps, cheap to produce in line, cause quite enough for exchange all
what you want in online text. yes and perfectly democratic : a 'free'
technology straightaway adopt by increasly unemployed persons and the
lower classes in this time for killing time. but absolutely not as
internet, as the 'french servants' knows to take in the people. cause of
course the cost on line was. 1 buck for 4 minutes ! and so much for the
lumpen proletariat addict that most of the mothers gave back their 'free'
minitel to 'France telecom' (our national french phone trust) cause their
son and their daughter and their husband use it for chatting and for what
? sex of course, cause what could be the reasonable ROI of surch a price ?
get it ? the minitel cost could be upper than their welfair benefit.
electronic sexual disturbance exists here for near 20 years and the number
of this glitter beast is not 666 but 3615 (and after, all what you want as
filthy words, it have to work or phone for putting in for France telecom)
Xrating ? remember something ? just a tax that if it had been applied on
all movies it would make of a spielberg, if he would be to call for an
encore, just the pharaonic pornocrate. And CB in France ? police reduce
their power of emission so much that it could only use for 'allo allo i
drive at 180km/h are there cops at the corner ?' and if it is replies 'yes
'. they were at the corner.so when wolton speak about 'media which would
be first 'a logic of offer to help', and 'not just a technic'.. he just
doesn't bite the hand that feed him : the french state. And permit i add a
thing about these wolton and virilio and so one . they are perfect
loudspeaker of this official french wit  'cause look what they do' so for
saving moral only the french state could take the procurer role : this
question is solemn cause show the perfect double bind where french left is
now quite at ease between 'state dirigism' and 'free market' politic :
both could make chic & money.
I have not a so special taste for our national junky malraux but i bet
what he could said if one let make built his 'macu' (sixty's 'house of
culture' in each town for 'making culture near the people') for selling
the beer in the refreshment stall as expensive in gugenheim's... and look
more ! more : in France near1900 the bars were 10x more than now
(yes 10 ! for an half population) why ? do you imagine stony broke picasso
could pass his time in drinking and speaking and exchanging so bad ideas
with others daubers and writers and drunkards for so much money ? do you
know how it cost to tell to a bunch of buds now in paris, as all over the
west world 'have a drink here !' ?
but already french state could inspire from england in saying bar=
alcolism & lost of paid for familly &politic disturbance chats, do you
know what french workers were shouting out in 1936 ? 'WINE!' and i bet it
is said in vatican god put gold in the ground of california for america
didn't become the frist commie country as marx said..hell i am very long,
so what could you tell to wolton for getting shorty
geert ? hum my idea is just tell him you has knew howmany moles has his
sexual partner but you had quickly forgotten, if he is froggy, he would
understand all above, english is so long winded you know..

http://pleine-peau.com/n7/porc/vmagis.htm