Gidget Digit on Thu, 6 May 1999 10:16:47 +0200 (CEST)

<nettime> Riding the Feathered Serpent: SATURDAY!

     [Your participation would be most welcome.  The net conference is
     hosted here in Toronto, therefore the times listed are eastern
     standard daylight savings, which I believe is six hours behind
     Amsterdam, if that helps those logging in from Europe.  -=pj=-]

**PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE AND SHARE ITS CONTENTS WITH OTHERS**
**POR FAVOR LEA ESTE COMUNICADO Y COMPARTA SU INFORMACION CON OTROS**

"They want to take the land so that our feet have nothing to stand on. They
want to take our history so that we and our words will be forgotten and die.
They want us dead. The powerful want our silence. When the homeland speaks
its Indian heart, it will have dignity and memory"                The Fourth
Declaration of the Lacandon Rainforest

"Nos quieren quitar la tierra para que ya no tenga suelo nuestro paso. Nos
quieren quitar la historia para que en el olvido se muera nuestra palabra.
No nos quieren indios. Muertos nos quieren. Para el poderoso nuestro
silencio fue su deseo. Hablando en su corazón indio, la Patria sigue digna y
con memoria."     Cuarta Declaracion de la Selva Lacandona

FOOD FOR CHIAPAS CAMPAIGN/ CAMPAÑA COMIDA PARA CHIAPAS

A non-profit organization providing support and assistance to the indigenous
communities in the region of Chiapas

Una asociacion con fines de no lucro establecida para apoyar a las
comunidades Mayas en resistencia en Chiapas

PRESENTS/PRESENTA

Riding the Back of the Feathered Serpent...

The Zapatista Struggle: Transformation through Alternative Communication

Cabalgando la serpiente emplumada...

La lucha zapatista: Transformacion a travez de comunicacion alternativa

******

A DAY LONG INTERNET BROADCAST/TRANSMICION VIRTUAL SIMULTANEA

INTERACTIVE CONFERENCE/CONFERENCIA INTERACTIVA

WORKSHOPS ON LOCATION/SEMINARIOS INTENSIVOS

* Panels will be broadcast in both English and Spanish/Los paneles seran
transmitidos en vivo en Ingles y Español

Panels:
Indigenous rights restoration and the situation in Chiapas
Free Trade vs. Fair Trade
The Myth of Freedom of the Press
Alternative Media Communications

Workshops:
Computer literacy and the internet
Getting your message out and fundraising on the internet
Alternative radio; how to get broadcast on the radio and internet
The indigenous rights mock treaty negotiation
The fair Trade bargaining table:

WHEN AND WHERE/ A DONDE Y CUANDO

May 8th, 1999 - From 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Ryerson Polytechnic University
(Rogers Communications Centre)      Toronto, Ontario, Canada

8 de Mayo de 1999 - De 9 a.m. a 7 p.m., en la Universidad Polytecnica
Ryerson (Centro de comunicaciones Rogers)

******

For further information, visit http://www.rcc.ryerson.ca/chiapas/ or send us
an e-mail care of foodforchiapas@hotmail.com

Para obtener mas informacion por favor dirigase a
www.rcc.ryerson.ca/chiapas/espanol.htm o envie un mensaje a
foodforchiapas@hotmail.com

Call/llamar 416-410-3713
            416-536-7714

	Toronto TAO Organizational Collective List
	To unsubscribe send an email to majordomo@tao.ca
	with the command: unsubscribe in the body of the email

---